Thought I ripped my shoulder again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought I ripped my shoulder again...

I had rotator cuff tears and bicep tear repairs done a few years ago. A couple of weeks ago I was shooting the bow and I'd been cranking up the poundage. Anyway, I relaxed too much and the bow pulled my arm forward and I stopped it and immediately redrew. Burning pain and a feeling of a tear...

Haven't drawn my bow in two weeks until today. Good thing is I don't think I re-tore the shoulder!! Still gonna take it slow as it still feels not quite right but 25-30 shots went better than I thought they might.

Hallelujah thine the glory

I've never had an arrow fail to pass through at 55# out to 40 yards. Except for a big hog. Why risk a re-injury cranking up the draw weight? I had a small tear in my rotator cuff and won't ever go past 55#.

Comment

That burning pain you felt isn't good at all. You might want to see the Dr and get a MRI done to make sure. Good thing there wasn't a pop or crunching sound.

Comment

2 words Mike......diatomaceous earth.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
          2 words Mike......diatomaceous earth.
          2 more words

Old age...

Comment

Hopefully it was just a strain but no actuall tissue damage. Try to strengthen the shoulder and always do some stretches prior to shooting the bow. It's what I try to do since I tore up my shoulder... I shoot my 80 lbs bow every once in a while and it feels ok...

Comment

I had both Rotator Cuffs repaired. I nursed them and got back to Bow Hunting. MC Wreck took 8 Ribs and a Clavicle. Crossbow now. Be careful out there.

Comment

Working...
              X