Water experts needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water experts needed

Alright brain trust... We are looking at buying a house in Midland Texas.

We have found a house on 10 acres that we have fallen in Love with, however the well water tests look horrible imho....

I’m hoping someone on here would have the knowledge of what it would take roughly to make this water drinkable?? Expensive I’m sure.....

Would the well water tests from below be enough to keep y’all from buying the perfect house in every other regard??!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a more recent test? This one is 5 years old.

Comment

Reverse osmosis water system

Comment

Originally posted by furtrapper View Post
        Reverse osmosis water system
        This.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown15 View Post
          Is there a more recent test? This one is 5 years old.

This is what I have....

I can have one done, but they don’t want to pay for one.

Comment

The water sucks in midland and odessa. Been that way forever lol

Comment

Small RO under sink for drinking water Tea etc.. Maybe $300. Case closed.

Comment

As far as contaminants You need to talk to someone that works for a water treatment plant. What looks high to us might be way below industry standards. Ten gallons per minute would be a good well where I live.

Comment

R/O system under k-sink and also plumbed to fridge for ice maker/water. You can also do a prefilter for the home low cost if you are semi handy with plumbing for metals/particles. If you have a large budget sky is the limit for water treatment.

Comment

I have purchased several water general (online) RO units for aquariums. You can get a kit for your kitchen sink and fridge with a storage tank for cheap.

Comment

Y’all don’t think treating for the whole house would be better? As far as damage for things like showering, dishwasher, ice maker and all of that?

Comment

I live in Midland. You will want a water softener and an RO system.

Comment

I recommend a new test, shouldn't be more than 250 bucks and a few days for turnaround, and have the lab give you a full explanation.

Comment

Water softener with reverse osmosis under sink for drinking/cooking/ice water. You could also do a filter before the house to reduce overall solids/ect... before the RO system and provide better water to the whole house.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                              The water sucks in midland and odessa. Been that way forever lol
                              I agree I lived in Midland in the early 90s and the city water sucked back then.

Comment

Working...
                              X