Fmj 400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fmj 400?

My current setup is FMJ 340 cut to 25" valley to end of arrow with 75 grian brass HITs and I shoot 125 points with blazer vains. This setup does tune well and is very accurate..

I would like to go to 400 FMJ's with the same specs above. Will they be in spine and will my FOC go up?

Arrow builders please let me know!

If it's very accurate why change?

Comment

Trying to get a little more FOC if possible..

Comment

With out know all the bow specs hard to guess.

Comment

Insanity 70Lbs 28 inch draw

Comment

Acording to the program. The 340 is weak. So you need to stay there.

The program. Shows optimum spine is .3059. By the program with that set up I would sell you 300 spine.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post

The program. Shows optimum spine is .3059. By the program with that set up I would sell you 300 spine.
              What program do you use?

Comment

Pinwheel ontarget2

Comment

Ok thanks!! I was worried that would be the case.

Comment

Enewman what kind of FOC could I get out of a black eagle 300 with FOC being the driver? Could you build me something that could get me to 18 or 20%?

Comment

Originally posted by keving View Post
                      insanity 70lbs 28 inch draw
                      at 70lbs the 340 is better for you

Comment

Originally posted by KevinG View Post
                        Enewman what kind of FOC could I get out of a black eagle 300 with FOC being the driver? Could you build me something that could get me to 18 or 20%?

A 300 Rampage with 75gr brass HIT would be pretty close to what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinG View Post
                          Looking at this. I used the insanity cpx.

Looking the Carnivors. This is a great arrow to build high foc. Muddyfuzzy can get this done.

So I did a 300 spine. With Blazers a 50 gn insert and a 125 gn tip. 27 inch is as long as you can be with that set up. This will give you around 18.26% foc. And a total weight of 430gn. 26 in will be 18.65% foc at 422gn. 25 inch is 19.05%foc. 413 gn.

If you need a little more weight. Look at the 250 spine. At 27 inch and a 100 gn insert gives you 20.3% at 514 gn arrow.

The rampage with a 75 gn insert would have to be 26 in for longest arrow. That one would be 20.20%foc at 453 gn

See if this looks like what your looking at.

Now these numbers will very a little but they are normally pretty close
                          Last edited by enewman; 11-28-2015, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Pinwheel ontarget2
                            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
                              A 300 Rampage with 75gr brass HIT would be pretty close to what you want.
                              Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X