2013 moby thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 moby thread

Ok guy please no bad comments. This is what some wanted so here it is. This is my story of moby. It all started last year we lived in cleburne tx struggling to make it in way over our heads. Had to sell my boat and lost my house. Me and my wife just wanted to get away from it all and start over. My wifes mom lives in Oklahoma and told us to come live up here with her but we refused at first. A few weeks later my mother in law had a bad accident. Just about lost her leg. She parked the tractor and got out to plant some strawberries in front of it with my 3 yr old nephew. The tractor slipped out of gear and started toward them she turned around and seen it coming right at her and the 3 yr old. She threw him out of the way just in time and the bucket pinned her leg down. My wife came up to help her out for a few weeks and I was coming up on the weekends to see her and my daughter. We started to fall in love with it. It was nice being in the country again. So I put in one application at Michelin in Ardmore and said if I got the job with them we would move. A week later I was doing an interview with them and got it. Fig it was faith and had to move up here.i looked at Oklahoma hunting season and fig out rifle season was only 2 weeks I couldn't hunt for only 2 weeks a year so I sold fishing stuff and won some money bowling and got me a bow. We moved in with her mom and were living in her living room my wife was due in aug with our 2nd little girl. My dad gave me some money to help out with everything for the baby and also told me to spend some on myself. Well I got me a primos 35. Set it up at a spot I felt like would be a good spot thinking man it would be great if I could get pics of a decent 8 and shoot it with my bow. Had the cam up for a few weeks without getting much on it. In July my wife had out little girl in texas it was easier since she liked her doctor in texas. I came home after a day with her because we needed me to work didn't have vacation built up at my new job yet. Worked one night when I got home and had to go back but fig it wouldn't take any to check the cam first. Got there and I had over 600 pics on it but I knew I didn't have time to look at the pics but I knew had to be something worth looking at with over 600 pics on it. Wife had a doc appointment that I had to take her to. Drove 2 hrs thinking about what could be on the card. Speeding the whole time to make it with time to look when I got there. Got their and talked my wife into letting me look real fast. First couple pics where does then some pics of a buck I named peepaw 130in non typical old buck and was just jumping with joy showing my wife and her sister. Started looking at pics again and noticed the pics I was looking at was the same day as my baby was born. Then I seen him for the first time and about lost it couldn't even believe what I was seeing. Not sure how many times I counted him up in a few mins but it was a lot. Well we had to leave to go to the doctor. When we were getting out at the doctor I asked her what to name him. She was putting on a thing to wrap around her to hold the baby in front of u that was called a moby prob spelled diff. She said name him moby. so he got his name from a baby wrap. I felt like it fit him well. After that me and my wifes life started to fall into place and started to get ahead. We didn't have much but had each other. We lived with her mom while we saved up to buy our own house without having a payment (a dream that we had since we first got together. House in the country without a payment.) well we got into our house this spring and everything is going great and couldn't be any happier. So moby means so much more than a big buck. I feel like he was a signal that we are making the right choice in our life. Having a buck like this in your back yard on family land not knowing there was even nice bucks like this in Oklahoma, got me excited. I still am just as excited today to have a shot at killing a buck like this.

This is him last year in velvet Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370320926.671209.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	24206922
    This is last year hard horned Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370320994.428950.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	24206923
    These are from this year I know this buck is him
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370321060.362859.jpg
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	24206924
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370321085.132559.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	24206925Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370321107.792213.jpg
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	24206926Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370321127.679762.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	24206928Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370321154.932117.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	24206929
    This is the pic I got that I think is him from yesterday but I kinda hope its not him. Can't tell if his left brow splits or not If its not him its a diff buck who looks very close to the same Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370321335.692490.jpg
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	24206930

Comment

I'll be following. Nice buck.

Comment

great buck man, good luck with him

Comment

looks like a great buck

Comment

hope u getem this year

Comment

Good luck man!

Comment

Hope you get him. Looked at the pics but the world's longest paragraph was hard to read.....I'm A.D.D that way....lol.

Comment

Hope you get him and display proudly in your new home! I will be following! This thread is going to have a great ending come season!

Comment

Glad things are looking up for you great buck also

Comment

Good for you putting it all in one thread! It will make it a lot easier to keep up with the progression. Please keep the info coming, and good luck on sticking him.

On another note. I have some extended family in Ardmore and Ada Oklahoma. They have killed some bruisers around there!

Comment

Nice looking buck and ill be following along.

Comment

Awesome chris. Keep em coming. Maybe you won't have to deal with all the cry babies in here!

Comment

The great Moby! I can't wait to see him finish those antlers out. I know it won't be from lack of trying if he survives another year. But, I think you've got him this time. Good luck!

Comment

I had seen previous posts on Moby, but didn't know the story behind him. Great story and hopefully you can seal the deal on that brute!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X