No announcement yet.

Just like we all thought...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's why the wind in Texas always comes out of the south.......ou sucks!

Comment

The playoffs need a much bigger pool of teams. The bowl game series is a freaking joke with multiple .500 teams playing and most stadiums at way less than 50% capacity. I'd like to see it all retooled.

Comment

8 playoff teams. 5 major conference champs and 3 wild cards from any conference.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's your playoff bracket. Have a champion ship game for each conference (there's 12 I think) the winner of each conference goes to the next round until there are 2 left standing.

I remember when there were only 7 or 8 bowl games. And they meant something! Bowl games back then we're more credible. Now, any 6-6 team can get into the Big Johns Toilet Bowl. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
            The playoffs need a much bigger pool of teams. The bowl game series is a freaking joke with multiple .500 teams playing and most stadiums at way less than 50% capacity. I'd like to see it all retooled.
            Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
            8 playoff teams. 5 major conference champs and 3 wild cards from any conference.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
            With 4 teams it's a joke as it is.
            The quality of level of play of all 4 teams is very "off".
            No way ND could have kept pace with bama.
            As we have seen the previous 3 years two teams are head and shoulders above the rest of the pack "talent wise" so if you expand the number of teams in the playoff pool you begin to reach JUCO levels and then you'll start having more of those Auburn Purdue type games.

Should Florida and Michigan have made the playoffs?
            Florida looked like they would have spanked ND but Michigan looked woosey.

I think UGA should have been in over ND, personally.

I like this 4 team playoff better than that old school #1 vs #2 they used to have.

I'm not for expanding the pool of play at all.
            It would be wise to reduce the number of post season "bowl games" just like they should reduce the number of pre-season "classics".
            And if any team wants to for sure get into the 4 team playoffs instead of giving Church of the Incarnate $1M to come to your campus and get their brains blown out in mid-Novemeber you might want to schedule a solid Tier 2 team like aTm or OKstate to get you some strength of schedule brownie points.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
              Here's your playoff bracket. Have a champion ship game for each conference (there's 12 I think) the winner of each conference goes to the next round until there are 2 left standing.

I remember when there were only 7 or 8 bowl games. And they meant something! Bowl games back then we're more credible. Now, any 6-6 team can get into the Big Johns Toilet Bowl. Sad.
              That doesn’t solve the UGA type issues

Comment

There still are only 5 or 6 bowls
                Fiesta
                Orange
                Rose
                Cotton
                Sugar
                Peach

No other bowls count
                Do you know who played in the Independence or Holiday bowls?
                And the conferences are too lopsided to do the best of 12.
                Sun Belt or Mid-American conferences are no match for P5.
                Northen Illinois vs Clemson???
                Appalachian State vs Bama?

LoL

Comment

8 team playoffs

Power 5 Auto bids, 3 at Large bids

Auto bids are seeded based on rank, then at Large seeded

This makes conference championship matter, keeps ppl in the jobs at ranking system happy and making rankings matter and then the playoff has no BS byes or anything.

Ucf should have been in and Georgia...

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                    8 team playoffs

Power 5 Auto bids, 3 at Large bids

Auto bids are seeded based on rank, then at Large seeded

This makes conference championship matter, keeps ppl in the jobs at ranking system happy and making rankings matter and then the playoff has no BS byes or anything.

Ucf should have been in and Georgia...
                    You're watering down the talent
                    Who were UCF top 2 wins?

We'll get to see what UCF is made of against LSU

Oh, and if you're talking Conf championships ND isn't even in a conference so how about that.

Comment

Exactly, these no name bowl games are simply about the money. Schools that play 50-50 football should not be considered for anything. But like everything else, it’s all about the money.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                        They did better than Notre Shame!
                        They did alot better than ND. I'm good with it, I don't want to see an all SEC playoff, I really think they need to make the conference winners the default first round to get to the final 4, take the top 4 ranked out of the power 5 conferences. And yeah ND needs to suck it up and finally join a conference.

Comment

OU deserved a spot more than ND. ND had no business in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                            X2

Comment

I think it’s called the “Holiday who gives a $&@# bowl”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                                Agreed! So did UGA!

Comment

Working...
                                X