No announcement yet.

Cisco/Eastland County Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The soil where I am at is what I call sugar sand so its super easy to dig under a pen but I will have to do something for next year . Just ran out of time this year with getting the well up and running RV area fenced off to keep cows away , getting the RV plugs installed for power , brush hogging , stands up etc etc etc .

But pigs in that area are a large number . once season is over the Yankee hill can goes back on this.
    Really want a night vision scope but not in the current budget

Untitled by GMR Performance, on Flickr

Untitled by GMR Performance, on Flickr
    Last edited by HDWRENCH; 10-16-2018, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
      OMG! I thought I had a hog problem. Sorry I even mentioned it. Good luck man fixing that issue.

Comment

I've hunted this area for years...…
        And everybody here...…. is correct...…

Btw----- jerp, never stops in, either......

Comment

I’ll basically echo what others have already stated

I’ve hunted south of Cisco for most all of my life (since 82 or 83, when mom and dad bought the place).

Be prepared to spend some time in the stand.

There are deer, and there are some decent deer. The population density is low, and there are so many oak trees, thst some years they will simply not come in to corn.

Like everyone else has said, you’ll never run out of pigs to shoot (or raccoons for that matter)

It’s thick country. There is no spot and stalk hunting. You might be within 5 yards of a deer, and never know it.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I hunted east of Albany north of Hwy 601 for about 20 yrs and we had some really good deer in that area, I killed my avatar buck there and another in the 160s and 6 in the 140s. The deer numbers and quality of bucks took a hit around 2011. Best deer are around Albany and North and west of town.

Comment

Have a lease just south of Moran. We have plenty of deer and numbers are getting better but quality isn't the best. A 120 inch buck is about the biggest I have seen in 3 years. Our neighbors kill a lot of young deer.
              While the deer hunting is ok, the duck hunting was fantastic last year on some of the small tanks. That alone makes it worth it for me.

Comment

We bought a ranch in Moran 15 years ago we have tons of deer what we own and lease around us is bout right at 1000acr 120-135 is a good deer out there every now and then we will have a 140 or so come through here are two deer I shot off our place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Rangefinder; 10-30-2018, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Here is another deer I took a pics of two weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have hunted cisco for over 20 years now with great success! Yes i do shoot ever pig i see and manage for optimal deer production. Feed year round and have many bucks that are well above average. biggest shot off my place was 152". I love the area and wish more people would do more to support the deer in the area. Sorry i dont know how to submit pics or i would show what i have on camera this year i have some serious toads.

Comment

Originally posted by gunslinger300 View Post
                      I have hunted cisco for over 20 years now with great success! Yes i do shoot ever pig i see and manage for optimal deer production. Feed year round and have many bucks that are well above average. biggest shot off my place was 152". I love the area and wish more people would do more to support the deer in the area. Sorry i dont know how to submit pics or i would show what i have on camera this year i have some serious toads.
                      That’s true we could have some great deer but once they get off what we own and lease they get killed. What we own and lease is all in the same spot.

Comment

Hand corn for best results there are deer there but they are heavily pressured do something different on your place!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rangefinder View Post
                          That’s true we could have some great deer but once they get off what we own and lease they get killed. What we own and lease is all in the same spot.
                          That happens all across texas and every state! But i still try to do the best i can and try to get neighbors to do the same thing. It has got a lot better. If everyone is somewhat trying to be better stewards it sure will make a difference. But i agree with you 100% it sure is depressing to see one of your targets you have helped raise cross a fence and get popped but hey its theirs as much as the next guys.

Comment

We hunt about 5 miles south of Cross Plains,and don't have many deer but we have some good one's,mostly nocturnal.Same with the pigs,lots of them but mostly nocturnal.Have quite a few turkey,bird hunting (dove,duck) has been great.

Comment

Originally posted by gunslinger300 View Post
                              That happens all across texas and every state! But i still try to do the best i can and try to get neighbors to do the same thing. It has got a lot better. If everyone is somewhat trying to be better stewards it sure will make a difference. But i agree with you 100% it sure is depressing to see one of your targets you have helped raise cross a fence and get popped but hey its theirs as much as the next guys.
                              I’m with you bro 100%!

Comment

rangefinder sent you a pm

Comment

Working...
                                X