Where people are moving from???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TENRMORE View Post
    For those who have always wanted to live in the South, but prefer an inclusive environment, Austin, Texas, ranked third on Nerdwallet’s most LGBT-friendly cities in the U.S, with 5.3% of the population identifying as LGBT.
    California, in fact, isn't even in the Top 5 when it comes to Austin transplants, and only one California county makes it to the Top 10 counties providing the most transplants to Austin, in descending order based on the U.S. Census Bureau:

Williamson (TX)
    Harris (TX)
    Hays (TX)
    Dallas (TX)
    Bexar (TX)
    Bastrop (TX)
    Los Angeles (CA)
    Tarrant (TX) (Fort Worth)
    Fort Bend (TX) (Houston area)
    Bell (TX) (Temple/Belton/Killeen)

Comment

Austin is the least inclusive city in the state. Hope all the Californians go there. If you don't drive a Subaru, wear birkenstocks and stink like BO, they hate you.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
        Someone give this man a beer.
        X2

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
          Austin is the least inclusive city in the state. Hope all the Californians go there. If you don't drive a Subaru, wear birkenstocks and stink like BO, they hate you.
          Swing and a miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
            Swing and a miss.
            I used to live in Missoula, MT (late 90s). It was a lot like Austin used to be. Laid back and inclusive. It has changed as well. Got lots of friends off Lamar in S Austin and they same the same thing. Went from cool and inclusive to one way of thinking over the past 15 years.

Comment

Swing and a miss.
              I was going to argue too, sounds like an ignorant thing to say, but I looked up the 2016 election results, before I posted. Travis county was 66 to 26 in favor of Hillary. They have already banned plastic bags. Straws will probably be illegal before the end of the year.

Austin doesn't 'seem' anymore liberal to me than inner city Houston or Dallas. That isn't saying much because midtown, uptown, and Houston Heights 'seem' crazy liberal and left wing to me.

Comment

I used to live in Missoula, MT (late 90s). It was a lot like Austin used to be. Laid back and inclusive. It has changed as well. Got lots of friends off Lamar in S Austin and they same the same thing. Went from cool and inclusive to one way of thinking over the past 15 years.
                There are a few zip codes that are a little more weird than some. But we don't have the population that most other large cities have so they stand out a little more. Still a great town though. I'm ready to get out more because of the cost of living than anything else. It is still an inclusive place. My redneck tendencies haven't gotten me into any trouble in the last 25 years and I don't mind the weird, it keeps things interesting. But I do understand that it is not for everybody.

Comment

There are a few zip codes that are a little more weird than some. But we don't have the population that most other large cities have so they stand out a little more. Still a great town though. I'm ready to get out more because of the cost of living than anything else. It is still an inclusive place. My redneck tendencies haven't gotten me into any trouble in the last 25 years and I don't mind the weird, it keeps things interesting. But I do understand that it is not for everybody.
                  All I can think about right now is that campaign they had at UT "C0cks before Glocks" and the girl getting interviewed waving the rubber dong around.

Comment

Originally posted by Merc View Post
                    All I can think about right now is that campaign they had at UT "C0cks before Glocks" and the girl getting interviewed waving the rubber dong around.
                    Yah, that was fun

Comment

I always thought the scariest thing in the world to a Texan is a Yankee with a U haul Now y'all afraid of other Texans

Would y'all consider Austin... Texas' San Francisco?

Comment

As long as the Californians stay out of Oklahoma I'm good where I'm at. Reddest State in the Nation. If it ever starts turning blue I hope we have sense enough to send them back where they came from or shoot them.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                          Lol because of the winter?

Edit: Spent a lot of time in Colorado with the wife in winter. Can't be much different, right?
                          Mark Twain quote " The coldest winter I've ever seen was the summer I stayed in Montana."

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                            Mark Twain quote " The coldest winter I've ever seen was the summer I stayed in Montana."
                            LMAO [emoji23]

Just cuz I've fried all my life does nt mean I want to freeze the rest!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I drive a Subaru and this post offends me haha.

Comment

I’m going to Northern Arizona or Tennessee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X