Very Nice Visit with the Weavers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Nice Visit with the Weavers

I had the good fortune to be invited to visit the Weavers. First of all I would like to thank them for a great time. The Weavers are some very fine folks, generous does not even begin to describe them. Tod and I both left with a new selfbow, my good friend Mike left with an elbow and shoulder that is functionable for the first time in a long time.

The trip took a little longer than expected, poor Tod got car sick (3x). When we got there Tod took a nap and the work began. About 7:00 PM, I made the comment that a lot of people would not believe that we have been at the Weavers for most of the day and nobody has shot a bow yet, LOL. Although we had not shot a bow yet we had made an incredible amount of saw dust!!!

The next morning we hit the ground running again, more saw dust... When the early afternoon arrived so did a few more people Habanarrow and Ron showed and we shot a round of 3D. We shot in two teams which the Weavers were captains. Yep, you probably guessed right the captains smoked us. They have the most beautiful piece of property that I have ever been on which really makes for a great 3D course. I thought it was really hilly until Saturday rolled around and we shot the Austin course.

Tod and I not only left with very fine bows but we made some great friends. Tod not only got a fine bow, he received some very fine coaching from Deb. Deb is a very fine coach and even a better shot. She is very modest about her gift with a bow, she's not only a pleasure to watch shot (perfection) but she is very fun to shoot with. Deb's arrows have a heat seeker on them that always seem to land in the 10 ring about an 1/8" from the 12 ring, LOL.

Well patient does not even begin to describe Arvin. Arvin's knowledge of archery is second to none that I've met. Let's see, I learned to make strings, properly straighten wood arrows, oh ya and make a bow. There's a reason there is no pictures of my bow build. I was very busy doing about everything on that build and Arvin was even busier making certain that I did not mess up the bow. Arvin is a true craftsman!!!

To top of a perfect trip, we made the Texas Traditional Champion shoot. Wow, was that fun! The first round Tod and I shot with Deb, Eric, and LM an I can tell you one thing these folks can shoot!

Tod was not up for a second round and we were going to leave and Deb was so kind to offer to watch Tod for me. Tod loves Deb so that worked out very well for Tod and I to say the least, thanks again Deb, Derek and Bob!!! The second round I was lucky to get in the group of Arvin, Eric, Jeffro and Neetz and all I can say is I'm a little surprised that I was even able to shoot between already being tired and laughing so hard my stomach hurt.

Thanks for a great time Arvin and Deb!!!!

It's a shame that all folks that aren't like Deb and Arvin, can't change to be like them; we would have a lot better world to be in. Well, except if all the women had the ability to apply JUJU like miss Deb, if so us guys would be in trouble for sure!!LOL But now that I have printed this, I can't think of a trad person I have met that isn't pretty much on their level, I guess it's just being a traddy! Glad you had a great weekend!

Comment

Congrats Todd on your new bow and good shooting

Comment

TBH must be where the best people on the planet hang out. Can't say how much we enjoyed having you all.

Comment

I really enjoyed meeting you and that fine young man, Tod.
          Ditto on the time spent at the Weavers, it's always fun and such a wonderful place.

Thank you Arvin and Deb for allowing me to stay with y'all and for the fun shooting.
          I enjoyed meeting Habenero and Eric and shooting with them as well. It was great!

Comment

I enjoyed meeting yu guys also Ben! Yeah, Arvin and deb are great folks too!

See ya down the road,

Bisch

Comment

cool deal

Comment

Here's a couple of pictures of the bows that we made. I have a hard time getting good pictures of bows, trust me they look a lot better in person.

Tod's bow matched the fence so this is the only decent picture.

Here's a couple pictures of my bow.

Comment

thats a good lookin Bow Todd!

Glad your trip went so well!
                  I wish i had run into you guys while i was out there, maybe next time!

Comment

Good to meet you and Todd this weekend Ben. Glad you had a good time. Congrats on the bows.

Comment

Originally posted by bob sarrels View Post
                      Good to meet you and Todd this weekend Ben. Glad you had a good time. Congrats on the bows.
                      It was nice to meet you as well. I told the bride about Tod trying the ticket trick and she did not think that was too funny Tod asked that I tell you he was sorry about that, I really don't think he understood what the tickets were about. Maybe I'll be the lucky one and win the bow and we'll have a good story to tell

I don't know how to do multiple quotes but it was nice to finally meet Ron and Bisch also. Heck it was really nice meeting everyone else too. Eric I really enjoyed shooting both rounds with you.

I look forward to Chester so I will have more time to visit with everyone.

Comment

Hey Ben, to do the multi-quote just click on the little button to the right of the "Quote" button that has the quotation mark on it on each post you want to quote except the last one. Then on the last one you click on the the "Quote" button and they will all show up in your new post.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by moreammo View Post
                          thats a good lookin Bow Todd!

Glad your trip went so well!
                          I wish i had run into you guys while i was out there, maybe next time!
                          Jon I was hoping to meet you too. I missed meeting you and Glen, I was hoping to meet Glen also since we're almost neighbors. It was funny, I recognized Ron M. on the coarse from pictures on the site.

Comment

Ben, if you are referring to me I was hoping to meet you as well. I had to lea e quicker than I wanted to with some work stuff. Spent almost the entire time driving home on the phone dealing with the issue. I am going to really try to make the Vanderpool shoot. If your are going I will make sure I find you.

And for the people that were to busy to stop by Bobs set-up while he went to lunch, I was running the store so to speak. I was running a deal on bows, $5.00 for one or $7.00 for two. Hi Bob did not sell any or loose any.

Glenn.

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
                              Eric I really enjoyed shooting both rounds with you. I look forward to Chester so I will have more time to visit with everyone.
                              It was my pleasure Ben! I had a great time visiting and cutting up with you and Mr. T. I have every intention of shooting Chester and hope to meet up with you then. Take care!

~Eric

Comment

Working...
                              X