No announcement yet.

Feb at Buff's "WAR-FAB"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chunky, Buff... I can bring my Double Bull if needed... I don't do treestands..

Comment

Where is this hunt happening at? Address please...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
        Chunky, Buff... I can bring my Double Bull if needed... I don't do treestands..
        You will not need the double bull, Mike! There are plenty of ground blinds for you to sit in.

This will be a blast guys! Even if the hunting is not all that great because of the pressure, the weekend of cameraderie will be worth it all. I have hunted with Marty and he has the animals. But, like Chunky said, there are usually not more than about 4 hunters at a time. and there is no telling what a dozen at once will make them do.

I can't wait!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
          bigoakbowhunting.com is your source for bow hunting tips, tactics, and techniques. Learn from the pros how to bag that buck with a bow!

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
            Right near the town of Avinger on the east side of Lake 'O the Pines.

Bisch

Comment

There is not a rule against bringing a double bull, the problem is that with 14 stands on place, there is not much room to put something that does not already have a stand close. Still, if you want to throw it in, I don't see how it can hurt.

There are nice ground blinds at all the corn feeders. We can make sure you get one of those if you don't do elevated stands.

I forgot to mention, there are not many predators (or perhaps none), but if you do see one you can get rid of them for free.

There is a decent catfish place about 10 minutes away, and a Sonic and a couple of small cafe places 15 to 20 minutes away for those that don't want to mess with bringing food.

There is very limited cell coverage in the area, so we probably can't do a live hunt.

There will be no stalking or moving around, because there are so many of us...we don't want to mess up someone else's hunt. You will be dropped off and picked up. If you shoot something, just hang until pick up time. With this many, it's the only way it works.

Comment

here is what the blinds look like
                Attached Files

Comment

Chunky, it ain’t that I’m attached to the Double Bull, I read your post about not having ground blinds at some sites so I thought I’d offer to bring one for my use.. As I said I don’t do ladders… I think I’ve got everything that has worn out from abuse and misuse over the past 62 years repaired or replaced except one knee that is bone on bone, it don’t bother me none except when doing ladders or stairs so I stay away from both as much as possible.

Comment

Looks like y'all are about to have a great fun in East Texas.

Comment

Mike,

Like I said, I will try and make sure someone gets a spot they are comfortable with. I wouldn't put a left handed guy in a ladder that only presents a right handed shot, and I wouldn't want anyone to hunt off the ground that didn't want to.

There are places we could throw up a blind. Buff has a ten yard food plot all around the inside of the fence. Also there are spots along the road that would work.

The problem is that I don't think we can do a lot of cutting and brushing it in as that will be a huge disturbance and I don't think the animals will tolerate a new blind if it is not well hidden (of course I could be wrong about that). Well, maybe the pigs and sheep would....but I don't think the deer would.

I wouldn't want someone to say, I put them in a bad spot and everyone else at least got to sit by a food source.

Comment

I hate working weekends; sure makes me miss out on a lot of this type thing. Hope you all have a great time. I'll be able to join you on one some day.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
                          Mike,

Like I said, I will try and make sure someone gets a spot they are comfortable with. I wouldn't put a left handed guy in a ladder that only presents a right handed shot, and I wouldn't want anyone to hunt off the ground that didn't want to.

There are places we could throw up a blind. Buff has a ten yard food plot all around the inside of the fence. Also there are spots along the road that would work.

The problem is that I don't think we can do a lot of cutting and brushing it in as that will be a huge disturbance and I don't think the animals will tolerate a new blind if it is not well hidden (of course I could be wrong about that). Well, maybe the pigs and sheep would....but I don't think the deer would.

I wouldn't want someone to say, I put them in a bad spot and everyone else at least got to sit by a food source.
                          I mostly nap in a blind anyway..

Comment

Y'all sure are going to have a good time on this hunt. I wish I didn't already have hunts booked in January and March or I would be trying to see if there was a little more room.

Comment

Originally posted by stumpshooter View Post
                              put me on the list and will see what happens...worst case I am there to hang out Saturday!
                              Wow Stumpshooter posted, Looking forward to hanging and shooting.......Chunky PM sent sir

Comment

All PM's returned. The Big Oak blinds are perfect for napping. They are large and dark inside.

Like I mentioned before, I am going to going hunting this weekend, then on Monday or Tuesday...check with Buff about any new deposits recieved. I will then start sending out PM's to fill any remaining spots off the lists from the other threads.

Guys, it's not like this is and one and only time, if it goes well and we want to...we can do it again. So, if you miss out this time....we can start planning another one.

But let's see how this works first.

Comment

Working...
                                X