Opinions on 2016 Kawasaki Mule 610 XC 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on 2016 Kawasaki Mule 610 XC 4x4

Thinking about purchasing a used 2016 Mule 610 XC 4x4.

I’d love to hear from anyone who has one and your opinions.

Questions:

Why is it called a 610 but specs say engine is 401cc?

Does it have enough power to haul 2 passengers and pull my quad trailer with 1,000 pounds of corn thru the mountains?

I have a Yamaha kodiak 425 quad now....is this Kawasaki a stronger more powerful machine? Or close to same?

Any other things I should know?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current setup:

Want to have the addition of a bed and haul another adult passenger comfortably.

Comment

My experience with them is they are underpowered and ride rough as heck compared to other UTV's. I had a Rhino, cousins have had various Rangers, and now I use a Mule Pro FX and my neighbor has a Mule 610. It works for what she uses it for and was much cheaper than others, but I don't know about pulling anything with much weight. I'd definitely test drive one and if possible across a pasture and make your own assumption.

Comment

Anyone who has owned this and can give me some feedback?

Comment

Haven’t owned a 610, We have a couple new non XC ones at work. They do ride tougher than other UTVs but Kawasaki mules will almost always outlast any other brand. Cost of maintenance and ownership will be lower than other brands, and they also have the best warranty. My dad has a 2003 with like 2500 hours or something and you can’t kill that thing. My crew cab mule is a 2014 with like 300 hours and has been great. They are like the tortoise not the hare, slow and steady

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
            Haven’t owned a 610, We have a couple new non XC ones at work. They do ride tougher than other UTVs but Kawasaki mules will almost always outlast any other brand. Cost of maintenance and ownership will be lower than other brands, and they also have the best warranty. My dad has a 2003 with like 2500 hours or something and you can’t kill that thing. My crew cab mule is a 2014 with like 300 hours and has been great. They are like the tortoise not the hare, slow and steady

I care nothing about speed... just want pulling and climbing power.

Comment

And if that 4wheeler has a straight axle and no independent rear suspension then it won’t ride a whole lot tougher than what you have

Comment

If pulling and climbing hills is your need then I’m not sure the mule is for you. Pulling on flat or rolling hills it’ll do anything you need, but climbing steep grades for long distances isn’t a strong point. Check into the Honda pioneer 500 or a ranger 400 if you need to climb steep grade.

Comment

I have a 610 xc and love it. I have had mine 5 years and 0/issues. Not a speed demon but it will work. Hauled a trailer loaded with corn many times and moved many deer stands.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
                    If pulling and climbing hills is your need then I’m not sure the mule is for you. Pulling on flat or rolling hills it’ll do anything you need, but climbing steep grades for long distances isn’t a strong point. Check into the Honda pioneer 500 or a ranger 400 if you need to climb steep grade.
                    Stay away from the Ranger 400.

Comment

I have a 05 3010 mule. Regular maintenance and very little problems.

Comment

I have a 2006 Mule 610. It does drag a bit if I put seven or eight bags of corn on it. If you are talking about steep hills then I would look at one of the Mule’ with more power. Besides regular oil changes and a couple of batteries, I have only put this one in the shop twice in eleven years. Total maintenance for the two jobs combined was less than a grand. Some people like more speed but when on a ranch I am relaxing and in no hurry.

Comment

I have a Mule 600 and it does and goes anywhere I need to pulling a trailer similar to yours loaded with corn on our hill country lease. For me, it is a little war horse. It cost half as much as most similar competitive units but it is far from half as good. 3 year warranty and readily available parts. Not a speed horse and doesn’t have a Lexus ride, but it is a heck of a lot smoother ride than either of my two Honda four wheelers. I debated on the 2 wheel vs 4 wheel, but haven’t regretted my decision. I just don’t go where I know I shouldn’t. I did put a winch on it just in case.

Comment

You can not go wrong with any Kawasaki.....period!!

Comment

I have a 2016 610 and am very satisfied with it , have not had any issues at all have ran it all over west texas and east texas . as stated above its not a speed deamon by no means but it wont let you down or leave you stranded .

Comment

Working...
                              X