T-4 Exotics a great weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T-4 Exotics a great weekend

I carried my Grandson Ivan out west to my dear friend Deans ranch to hunt whitetails opening weekend.

The ranch could not have been set up nicer,
    The cabin is brand new and is clean as a pin.
    All the stands are set up for 15 to 20 yards and are plenty big enough for my recurve.

We got there Friday afternoon and as deer season was not open yet we set out for a hog.
    We had not set long before the rain set in and a small group of 8 pigs came in only to leave without giving Ivan a shot.
    As soon as the feeder went of another group of about 10 came boiling in and as soon as the biggest turned Ivan whacked him with a thunder head.
    Beau made short work of the 75 yard blood trail and we were on the board.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2992.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	25129695

The deer were slow Saturday and we only saw a couple of does even though Dean had a half dozen bucks on camera, I think with all the acorns corn was not really on their mind.
    Sunday morning Dean sat with Ivan and I sat another stand.

About 8:30 they came rolling up and I'm not sure which one of them was the happiest. They had shot a dandy none typical and we headed back to the lodge to get the puppy.
    It was another short track and Ivan had his buck.

I can't say enough good things about Dean and his ranch. Being a life long bowhunter his self he has everything "Just Right"

I will be headed back to his place later in the year with my muzzle loader to try to take a buck for myself.

Name:	IMG_3005.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	25129696

Name:	IMG_3017.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	25129697

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Congrats to Ivan on his pig and nice buck. The Kana clan was suppose to go a couple weeks ago, but Hurricane Harvey caused us to have to cancel after school activities were rescheduled. Looking forward to making the trip still. Dean does have a great place and set up perfect for the bowhunter.

Comment

What are his prices? Looking on Facebook but I'm not seeing anything listed.

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
          What are his prices? Looking on Facebook but I'm not seeing anything listed.
          Daily fee for all hunters is $125.00 per day. This fee covers lodging, semi-guided hunt, and use of ranch facilities, including access to the 15 acre conservation lake stocked with bass and catfish. This fee also entitles you to 1 large pig or 2 meat hogs (under 100#). Two-day minimum for all hunters, and if you bring 4 hunters you can book the entire ranch.

Non-hunters: $75 a day.

Axis Bucks: $3000
          Axis Does: $500
          Aoudad Rams: $2500
          Aoudad Ewes: $450
          Fallow Bucks: $3000
          Fallow Does: $500
          Blackbuck Antelope Bucks: $2850
          Blackbuck Antelope Does: $400
          Whitetail Bucks: $1250
          Whitetail Does: $400
          Turkeys: $600 (two-day hunt includes lodging and two turkeys/person)

Comment

Congrats on a cool weekend and neat looking buck!!

Comment

You will not find a better man to deal with than Dean... congrats on a good weekend.

Comment

Does he have a lot of decent whitetail bucks?

Comment

Originally posted by KevBow View Post
                  Does he have a lot of decent whitetail bucks?
                  Yes

He has another non typical I want

Comment

How many acres is it and does anyone have any pics of deer there? My dad has had four strokes since Father's Day and I don't know if he will ever get to draw his bow again. I got him a crossbow. We usually go to a place in uvalde but it's Bow only so I'm trying to find a place where I can take him and he can get a shot at a nice buck this year with his crossbow.

Comment

Awesome, time well spent!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KevBow View Post
                        How many acres is it and does anyone have any pics of deer there? My dad has had four strokes since Father's Day and I don't know if he will ever get to draw his bow again. I got him a crossbow. We usually go to a place in uvalde but it's Bow only so I'm trying to find a place where I can take him and he can get a shot at a nice buck this year with his crossbow.

This would be the place.
                        My grandson used a Xbow for his

Comment

Working...
                        X