Extreme bowhunting ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme bowhunting ranch

Has anyone ever been there. Thinking bout planning a trip. Seems pretty reasonable.

Lots of info on here about it

Comment

Best money you'll spend on a day lease imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hunted it when it was Bowhunters Paradise. I hear it's even better now and it was great then! One of my most memorable hunts.

Comment

I hear that place is great, but looking for some recent updates.

Comment

Ill be there in 2 weeks so I'll post a review after!

Comment

Question, I'm not familiar with these day leases at all but am thinking hard of trying one out, specifically this place. Do you just pay a deposit and full price of your package hunt regardless if you kill anything or not?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                Question, I'm not familiar with these day leases at all but am thinking hard of trying one out, specifically this place. Do you just pay a deposit and full price of your package hunt regardless if you kill anything or not?

Exactly. Pay half down before you get there to reserve your spot, settle up at the end based on your package regardless of the outcome of the hunt

Comment

That's what I was figuring. I'm not seeing any kill pictures on their website? I was wondering what to expect as far as whitetails. Also I was wanting a place fory dad to go but he does not bow hunt but does cross bow hunt. Are they aloud on this place? Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadeye1205 View Post
                    Ill be there in 2 weeks so I'll post a review after!

I'll be waiting to hear your review.

Good Luck.

Comment

Alright everyone, back from my 4 day hunt at extreme bowhunting with a couple of my buddies. We had the time of our lives. Caleb was again on point with putting us in position to have plenty of opportunities at not only a ton of animals, but a ton of quality animals. I unfortunately stuck a whitetail in the dreaded void the first afternoon after what was one of the most acrobatic arrow-ducking performances I've seen to date. Caleb's blue lacy, champagne, tracked the deer for a couple of hundred yards and then the trail ended with no deer. A shame, but I think he'll live. I also stuck a hog that night which we did find, a perfect little 25 lb eater sow. The next day was by far the best. That morning I sat in a stand where my buddy had shot a really nice blackbuck the afternoon prior. It was pretty action packed all morning with movement from whitetails and sika deer eating most of the corn before a pretty good axis buck walked into my shooting lane- big mistake. I sent a rage hypodermic right through his lungs and he went down 200 yards later after a dead sprint uphill. After recovering the axis and having my elusive exotic buck down, we went into the canyons for the afternoon. My buddy and I were able to almost immediately get into a sounder of hogs rooting up the side of the canyon, he stuck one first, and because of the 25 mph winds we had, the others were unaware of their fallen comrade, so I moved in and put the smack down on an average sized boar and he went 30 yard and piled up. We couldn't find my buddies hog. After tracking the other hog for hundreds of yards to no avail, we came upon a couple of bedded sheep... a young ram and a ewe. My buddy was wanting to get the kill so I told him to shoot, a 30 yard shot uphill at a bedded animal is no joke, and he shot a tad low, a clean miss, no harm no foul. We went to recover the arrow and find a good vantage point to find something else to go after... we glassed for 10 minutes and I spotted something on one of the canyon faces 1/2 mile away... it was a herd of sheep, and in that herd was a really good ram... a really really good ram. A ram I couldn't pass up in a million years... so we planned the stalk. We made a huge loop around the tops of the canyons and began out descent on where we last saw them... they were still there. I couldn't find the big one from the first spot, so I moved along the edge of the canyon and finally spotted him beating up on a smaller ram. I was left with 2 shooting lanes and waited for him to make the mistake and walk into one. He finally did and I let the arrow fly. It flew as true as ever and blew right through both lungs. The ram went 25 yards and fell. He's the second largest ram ever taken at extreme according to Caleb, which was awesome to hear! That stalk and hunt alone was worth the whole trip, I was also able to get a goat the last day. All together the 3 of us that went down together killed 11 animals... a fallow buck, an axis buck, a blackbuck buck, 4 hogs, a whitetail doe, a red hind, a ram, and a goat. It was awesome and to anyone wanting to go, GO.

Comment

Congrats on a great hunt! Thanks for the report.

Comment

No, but I'd love to!

Comment

Congrats on your hunt! Good hunt report and pics!

Comment

Four of us Carolina rednecks are booked for the end of Feb. first of Mar. First trip there for us, and I can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                              X