Brushy Hill 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Foxtrot704 View Post
    Some friends and I will be deer hunting at Brushy Hill for the first time in January. Late in the season I know but it was the only thing we could setup considering our work schedule. Ive seen a lot of emphasis on brushing in your blind. Does anyone have a picture of good brushed in blind as an example? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
    If you are going to Brushy Hill, and worried about a "brushy blind" contact Nick Anderson maybe look into a semi guided hunt. He will set it up for you. I went on a guided hunt with him last week.

Comment

Originally posted by MEllenburg View Post
      I just went last week!!! I saw plenty
      Take anything? Recommend the semi-guided hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by jptx View Post
        Take anything? Recommend the semi-guided hunt?
        She shot that giant in her avitar pic.

Comment

Yeah I just read. Great kill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm headed down to hunt on Dec 26-30. I'll be in Hog Heaven South.

Comment

We will be coming in right after you. Same pasture. What areas do you plan to hunt? We will be there starting the 2nd

Comment

Can't wait to smoke a big daddy in January! Going to dig a foxhole blind and still brush it in good.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                  We will be coming in right after you. Same pasture. What areas do you plan to hunt? We will be there starting the 2nd
                  I'm planning on hunting the back 1800. They've spent all summer re-working the ranch roads with a Dozer, so the traveling should be a little better.

Comment

just got back from brushy and out of six guys we killed one doe. only one buck was spotted from stand. lots of wildlife but deer move at night even with a good moon. we hunted the 1800 acres. roads, ppl, and cabin are nice, but we went to kill deer

Comment

I'm headed there in the morning for the first time ever. Me and my wife decided to try it out. I did the search on here to try and get a little info for what we are getting into.

Comment

Headed there next weekend with a group of guys from work. First time going down there and I'm super pumped. I believe we are hunting the Anybody got any suggestions/advice?

Comment

Best advice, dont go expecting to kill easily. Go expecting to hunt hard with a reward if done correctly. Only been there once and we had plenty shootsble deer in range, but we only killed 2 out of 5 guys. We went for 3 days and if/when we do it again, it will be for 4 or 5 days. Bythe time we figured them out we had to go. As mentioned, hide yourself well. But most of all, have fun. Its a fun hunt and some great cabins. But its not your typical "meat" hunt so dont go expecting to fill the freezer. Those deer are well seasoned...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                            Best advice, dont go expecting to kill easily. Go expecting to hunt hard with a reward if done correctly. Only been there once and we had plenty shootsble deer in range, but we only killed 2 out of 5 guys. We went for 3 days and if/when we do it again, it will be for 4 or 5 days. Bythe time we figured them out we had to go. As mentioned, hide yourself well. But most of all, have fun. Its a fun hunt and some great cabins. But its not your typical "meat" hunt so dont go expecting to fill the freezer. Those deer are well seasoned...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                            That's bout what I'm expecting. Looking forward to a good time regardless of whether I kill anything or not. And I don't think there are any deer in the state more seasoned than the east Texas public land deer I'm used to hunting.

Comment

You'd be surprise. We are headed there again first week of january. I can promise you, these deer are unlike any you've hunted. If your shooting hole is over 6 inches they will peer into your soul hahaha. Great deer there and very clever

Comment

Can't wait sounds like it's going to be a fun and challenging experience!

Comment

Working...
                                X