Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody ever hunt with Austin Gay - Seguin, TX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want hogs double L in Victoria is the place you want. I went a few months ago and I wasn't in the tripod before the pigs showed up they are reasonable and everyone was great.

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
      If you want hogs double L in Victoria is the place you want. I went a few months ago and I wasn't in the tripod before the pigs showed up they are reasonable and everyone was great.
      Thanks for the heads up. But I wanted to stay about an hour from San Antonio if possible.

Comment

Yea so a buddy of mine got a hog tonight... he said it isn't bad I'm going to go tomorrow probably..

Comment

Well he got 6 hogs so far

Comment

Originally posted by Armydude82 View Post
            Well he got 6 hogs so far

Did he take any pics of the setups or pigs ?

I have a date at double L already and I look forward to it.

As far as this place goes. I called and the guy tells me "be there by 430." I get there at 4 so that I am not late ... he replies "ok just wait at the gate ill see you at 430". ughh ok. He drops me at the blind. I sit till after dark. Feeder goes off and no corn comes out. He put a little out before he left me though so Im optimistic. Saw nothing. Hey its hunting... I send a message that I am leaving ... He reply's "ok let yourself out"

Was not the experience I was looking for. A dud all the way around in my view.

Comment

I am headed out to this place next week. I will post pics and a review to let you all know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just don't.

Comment

Do not hunt Austin Gay!!!!! in Seguin/Kingsbury, TX

Originally posted by spread5150 View Post
                  Did he take any pics of the setups or pigs ?

I have a date at double L already and I look forward to it.

As far as this place goes. I called and the guy tells me "be there by 430." I get there at 4 so that I am not late ... he replies "ok just wait at the gate ill see you at 430". ughh ok. He drops me at the blind. I sit till after dark. Feeder goes off and no corn comes out. He put a little out before he left me though so Im optimistic. Saw nothing. Hey its hunting... I send a message that I am leaving ... He reply's "ok let yourself out"

Was not the experience I was looking for. A dud all the way around in my view.
                  Yeah I hear ya on that man, the guy did not even show up. I texted him at 5:30 pm and he told me he wasnt going to show tell 6:30 and still he did not show up, It was his girlfriend that showed up to let me in. Also, he had dogs running around. I saw one hog the whole time and the hog was running from a dog. I texted him about it and he said it was probably a stray and I said not it has a collar. Also you need to have a hunting license if your hunting hog and he told me I did not which is a lie because I took the hunters ed course and it states you have to have the license to hunt hog for harvest.
                  My buddy did kill a few on the property but he had to work hard for it he said. He said he did everything from hog bombs to making some kind of sugar mix to bring them in. The guy Austin Gay is a Joke and he does not seem to care because he makes it little bit of money. I told him he had dogs barking all night and it seemed that since my buddy went out there he does not want to let anyone get more than there $50.. I do not recommend this place at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Warrant View Post
                    I am headed out to this place next week. I will post pics and a review to let you all know how it goes.

Dont go. Its a terrible experience.

Comment

I am checking out another spot that charges $100 in Seguin and I will let you know.. It is on 600 acres from what the guy states.. Unlimited hogshttp://sanantonio.craigslist.org/bfs/5812477688.html

Comment

Do not hunt Austin Gay!!!!! in Seguin/Kingsbury, TX

Originally posted by giarcher View Post
                        I hunted there once and won't return. The pics he post on Craigslist are not at all what you will see. I saw some coons and a couple of does with zero signs of pigs. I was not looking for a canned show up and kill hunt but there was no sign at all that pigs are running around. It is a low fence operation and just maybe they were not in the area when I was hunting.

The place is not very bowhunter friendly and primarily set up for gun/crossbow hunters. He has ground blinds but they are not for bowhunters unless you can shoot through a 6" horizontal slot...I sure cant.

He does not maintain the place and the feeders are not going off 2x's a day as he advertises. He did manually trip the feeder and corned the area when he dropped me off. The only protein feeder I saw was empty with tall grass growing up around it.

With all that said, the main reason I won't go back is for safety. He set me up in a ladder stand that leaned so far forward I could not safely stand up in it. The straps holding the stand up were sun damaged and needed to be replaced years ago. I ended up climbing down and sat on a stool for the evening.
                        If anyone reads this he is right about how the bow blind is. I had a low hanging tree in my way the whole time and it was so difficult to take a shot with my bow if I needed to because of the tree the blind was strapped to. I think I would have been better off just going to HEB... I also got off of work early which was a mistake.. I did not get through the gate tell about 6:45pm

Comment

Comment

Did you get that hog at Austin Gays or the other place?

Comment

No my buddy did...

Comment

I have a friend I met on a fishing forum I'm a fishing guide in the coast. He does hog hunts guided stalk or blind for 175 also does night vision hunts. You can find him on fb he is a great dude and can hook y'all up. Jeff Koen is his name.

Comment

Working...
                                X