Two Bucks Locked Up {VIDEO}

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Bucks Locked Up {VIDEO}

Saturday we were heading out for an afternoon hunt when we pulled up on two bucks locked up. One was alive and one was dead. We tried to separate them by hand a little before we decided that he had too much left in him and didn't want him to further injure himself or hurt one of us.

So, we went and got a pole saw and cut him free. Wish the outcome of the fight had been different with these two youngsters but we can't beat Mother Nature. Hoping that the winner makes it after all that stress.

Winner:

Click image for larger version

Name:	STC_0077.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	25134086

Loser:

Click image for larger version

Name:	STC_0204.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	25134085

Video:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Dang!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grulla View Post
      Dang!!
      x2

Comment

Dang!

Comment

It looks like the smaller buck won that one.. OOff

Comment

Nature at work. Cool vid. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Lost a good one

Comment

Hate seeing that but it’s part of life unfortunately.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

These guys didn’t get the same break, found them while on a quail hunt last January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                      These guys didn’t get the same break, found them while on a quail hunt last January.

That is one of the coolest finds and preservation thereof that I’ve seen. I don’t hope that this happens to deer, but I do hope I find a set like that sometime That makes a great conversation piece

Comment

Incredible find!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleCharlie View Post
                          Saturday we were heading out for an afternoon hunt when we pulled up on two bucks locked up. One was alive and one was dead. We tried to separate them by hand a little before we decided that he had too much left in him and didn't want him to further injure himself or hurt one of us.

So, we went and got a pole saw and cut him free. Wish the outcome of the fight had been different with these two youngsters but we can't beat Mother Nature. Hoping that the winner makes it after all that stress.
                          Great y’all were able to save one. Must be pretty awesome to see up close.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                            That is one of the coolest finds and preservation thereof that I’ve seen. I don’t hope that this happens to deer, but I do hope I find a set like that sometime That makes a great conversation piece

Yep. Hanging up in my office. Probably won’t ever find any again.

Comment

My first post on tbh was of the same situation you found OP. One dead and one alive. We roped the live ones back legs. Got him off his feet. I held his head down and we used a sawsall to cut the dead dears horn off.
                              The GW said if we kept either deer we would have had to tag them. What a silly rule to leave the dead buck there for coyote bait.
                              I had a bunch of still pictures and forgot to get them off my old computer at work when I left.

Comment

Working...
                              X