Good dove leases out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good dove leases out there?

The last few years I've been dove hunting here on our place, but it's really, really slow. You might get 1 bird in 3 or 4 hours, if you're lucky. On a "good" day you might get 2. About half the time, though, I trudge back to the house without firing a shot.

Meanwhile I'll get onto TBH and here are these pictures of you guys bragging about limiting out in 5 minutes, and posting your pictures of 450,000 dead dove spread out on the ground. Jeez......

I'm tired of this. Where can I get some good dove hunting like that at a reasonable price? I'm in the Hamilton - Lampasas area (near Evant).

Good luck with your search

Comment

Hondo, tx

Comment

Originally posted by Ruark View Post
        The last few years I've been dove hunting here on our place, but it's really, really slow. You might get 1 bird in 3 or 4 hours, if you're lucky. On a "good" day you might get 2. About half the time, though, I trudge back to the house without firing a shot.

Meanwhile I'll get onto TBH and here are these pictures of you guys bragging about limiting out in 5 minutes, and posting your pictures of 450,000 dead dove spread out on the ground. Jeez......

I'm tired of this. Where can I get some good dove hunting like that at a reasonable price? I'm in the Hamilton - Lampasas area (near Evant).

Our place was like that and then all of the sudden the last 3 or 4 years we limit every time we go around opening weekend for 2 or 3 days and then we don't hunt it again for the rest for the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Make some habitat. Have you got any water? We had a killer hunt west of Evant ( mt olive) one year after we burned a little 3 acre pasture.

Comment

Unfortunately most of the good areas are already leased to deer hunters and all wrapped into the same lease or outfits like mine run Day hunts and have the land leased. Come down and hunt with me. We'll put you on birds lol.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I do have habitat, about 12 acres of native pasture with lots of seed on the ground at that time. Several acres of cedar and oak. A 1/4-acre pond. Usually quite a few dove flying around the last month or so before the opener. I hide behind a big burn pile we have in one pasture, and maybe every 3 or 4 hours a dove or two will fly over, maybe in range, maybe not.

Seems like a lot of these dove are on their way to or from somewhere else. I'm always hearing about people a mile or two away that do the "limit in 5 minutes" thing.

Thanks, zcole - that's a bit of a drive from here, but I'll put it on the list... (-;

Comment

Mercedes Tx has birds 4 out of 5 years

Comment

I day lease my place. pm me for details. I'm an individual not a lease broker for dove hunts. I'm the actual landowner. Id be glad to help you. I don't do seasonal leases. You will limit out. Property is in Haskell tx.

Comment

Working...
                  X