Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Weekend at Big Oak Bowhunting (April 28-30 2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Weekend at Big Oak Bowhunting (April 28-30 2017)

I got to spend the Weekend with my Dad and Brother in Law at Big Oak Bowhunting. We had a little bit of weather move in on Saturday, but there was still plenty of action on the Ranch. I don't think any of us went to the Ranch with any animal in particular other than Hogs in mind, but that quickly changed when we drove around and spotted some animals. My Brother in law got himself a very nice Ram, and my Dad bagged a beastly Catalina. The same afternoon my dad was able to bag a Hog during a spot and stalk. (the weather for that evenings sit was iffy. As you may know severe storms rolled through the area April 29th) We made it to the stands anyhow and despite some pretty heavy winds and rains two more hogs were taken.
    This is the part where I tell you about the nice stands they have at the ranch. I stayed nice and dry during a heavy rain. They have both box style blinds as well as ladder stands at most locations. The boxes may be a little warm this time of year, but seriously nice in pouring rain. Ms. Baggley got in on the action for some of the recoveries. (The new pup is showing promise already, but Baggley isn't ready to had over the reigns)
    Other than the animals we shot, there was a lot of others to be seen. I shot plenty of them with my camera. Axis, Fallow, Red Deer, were plenty.
    Anyone who has been to the ranch will tell you the the food and lodging are excellent (Big thank you to Lisa) The cabin is all you could want in your downtime. We had fun shooting the 3d targets outside and watching Marty show us how its done with his BlackWidow.
    Whitney works hard to get you where you need to be to be successful and was a great guide. Really can't give her enough credit. Thank you Whitney.
    To wrap things up, if you want a fun weekend of hunting, good company, and great food, you need to look no further. Call Whitney and book a trip.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CitifiedBowman; 05-01-2017, 07:33 PM.

Good times. That is a hoss of a catalina. Congrats to everybody.

Comment

Thanks!
      Marty measured him for me and he scored GOLD!
      Can't wait to get the plaque certifying the score!
      He's going to make an awesome shoulder mount as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My 2 cents on the trip.
        We didn't just have a great hunting experience with good food, a great lodge, awesome facilities and an abundance of quality animals.
        What really struck me was how we were treated by the folks at Big Oak.
        To them, we weren't just customers. We were treated as friends and I guess I appreciate that most of all!
        Marty, Lisa, Whitney, thank you very much!
        I'm already looking forward to our next visit with our new friends at Big Oak Bowhunting!

Fred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

No doubt they are quality humans. I dont think you could go anywhere else in the world and spend your time with any higher quality folk than them. Marty and his family have built a top notch facility and make you feel at home.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on a great hunt!

Comment

Congrats on a successful trip. Glad the storms did not tear anything up there.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

was one of the hunters there that weekend. great ranch even better people who run it. saw a lot of quality animals and couldn't be happier with our trip there. cant wait to go back

Comment

also love the pics citifiedbowman

Comment

Working...
                      X