No announcement yet.

How fast is a gunfight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why a lot of people say you'll forget all that stuff like stance, grip, trigger pull, sights, etc. in a situation like this. It will just instantly, violently, suddenly blow up in your face: "hey Bob, what's the... BANGBANGBANGBANGBANG!!!! and it's over in 2 seconds.

You will get tunnel vision. Your brain will stop working. You will be functionally deaf. You will stop breathing. Your body will stiffen (that's why the guard "stumbled").

What you WILL do in this situation is whatever, if anything, you trained yourself to do instantly, automatically, without thinking.

I knew one combat instructor who drew and dry-fired 50 times every single morning, to where he could whip out his Sig 226 and pop 4 rounds in about 1 second, running on pure reflexes, for this specific reason.
    Last edited by Ruark; 03-19-2017, 06:07 PM.

Comment

I've always found "3-5 shots at 3-7 feet in 3-5 seconds" to be pretty accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        I've always found "3-5 shots at 3-7 feet in 3-5 seconds" to be pretty accurate.
        I wish every potential bank robber in America had to watch what happens to bank robbers! This guard did enough to win the day, though maybe there are a few t...

That is a great explanation.

Comment

Working...
        X