Brushy Hill Pig Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brushy Hill Pig Report

Some friends and I are heading to Brushy Hill next month ,11th-14th.
    Anybody been lately for pigs?

DJ

TTT

DJ

Comment

Up top.

DJ

Comment

I have heard mixed reviews. If I could guarantee a bowhunter pigs I swear on Double L in Victoria. Pops knows pigs with decades of experience and it was tiring seeing so many pigs. Good luck and let us knwk how it went.

Comment

Originally posted by lsoutdoorstx View Post
          I have heard mixed reviews. If I could guarantee a bowhunter pigs I swear on Double L in Victoria. Pops knows pigs with decades of experience and it was tiring seeing so many pigs. Good luck and let us knwk how it went.
          Big difference in 300 acre hf and 12,000 lf. Brushy hill is as good as any or better for free range wild hogs.

Comment

I hunted deer there two years a go in January and shot a pig on the first evening. Get off the roads and setup a stand along the edge of drainages. Put out hand corn with maybe some kind of other "smell good" attractant. If pigs are around, they will find it the first night and come back thereafter.

Comment

When the Lone Star Bowhunters Association has the Grunts and Gobbles at Brushy Hill, it is normally booked during a full moon. That way everyone who want to try and kill a pig can hunt at night by the moon. There were always hogs killed during this time.

Double L has a lot of hogs also, and a lot of other kinds of critters to hunt. Both are great places.

Also, look at T4exotics, I was there about 3 weeks ago and could have killed hogs every sit.

Bob

Comment

Figured I 'd update on the hunt.We had a great time.Several shots taken but no kills.We saw pigs every time out.Anybody going for the Grunts and Goobles bring whatever tick remedies you have.They are already out in force.Also,while they don't allow predator hunting,Nick said if you see coyotes to kill them.....they got plenty of those too.He said a small squeaker is ok they just don't want anybody actually out calling them.I saw a couple not quite in bow range.Didn't see any turkey in the pasture we were in,but a couple hunters in another group said that's all they saw.

DJ

Comment

Nick is always good to work with, He always took great care our groups and went out of his way to help everyone out.

Comment

I hunt next door. There are plenty. I shot 5 this year during deer season. They are smart and have a great nose if they smell you its over

Comment

Working...
                    X