Custom Strings???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Strings???

Should have my new bow on monday. Bought a 2013 Hoyt Spyder Turbo. Its new stock that a dealer had left over from last year. String is new. Its my first new bow and i was just wondering what the GS thinks about the benifits or lack there of of custom strings. Are stock strings good enough? If custom strings are the way to go, any recomendations? Thanks a bunch.

John's custom, 60x and Wes van Horne @ Stage 1 get my vote. shoot the stockers in, get the bow adjusted and they will last a while. When you are ready to replace them look at the folks I listed.

Comment

The Hoyt strings really aren't bad, I'd shoot them for a year or so then upgrade. I put a new set of Barn Burners on my Hoyt Vector Turbo a few weeks ago.

Comment

should be able to get a year out of em under normal shooting conditions.

Comment

I would just set it up and shoot it.

If you want colors and want to change I would look at Stage 1, Johns Customs (Breathn) and Tom Parkinson. Truly top end builders.

Comment

I have a set of Johns Custom strings and they are great strings.

Comment

Originally posted by mjf9730 View Post
              Should have my new bow on monday. Bought a 2013 Hoyt Spyder Turbo. Its new stock that a dealer had left over from last year. String is new. Its my first new bow and i was just wondering what the GS thinks about the benifits or lack there of of custom strings. Are stock strings good enough? If custom strings are the way to go, any recomendations? Thanks a bunch.
              Bought the Hoyt Charger brand new last year. Shot it mildly over the hunting season but very aggressively this summer. I had the strings break on me just last week while I was at the range.

Took it into the bow shop and they said that's about par for the course on factory strings. I'm having them replaced with custom strings now.

Being said, I'd use those for no more than a year under heavy use. If you aren't shooting much they will last longer but it isn't worth the risk of messing up your bow or getting injured.

If it was me and I had a choice, I would have replaced my strings at my last tuning in June (10 months after I bought the bow).

Comment

12 months warranty on ProLine Custom Bowstrings that's my $0.02
                http://www.prolinebowstrings.com/

Comment

Originally posted by P&Y150
                  I got my last set from www.60xcustomstrings.com and couldn't be happier. I had no idea what I needed and they took the time to walk me through everything.
                  No new strings or cables yet but i get plenty from these cats and nary a complaint.

Comment

My Carbon Matrix string has held up so far. its a 11 model. I plan on having Precision Archery putting me a new one on soon.

Comment

Put a set of Korbins on my son's bow a few weeks back. Top notch quality. Spot on specs. Also a TBH sponsor.

Comment

Winner's Choice gets my vote

Comment

Hey, its a new bow. Get you some colors on it. Its like buying a new truck with basic ole plain steel factory wheels. They will work, but so will new ones and it will look better....

Comment

Working...
                          X