Memorial Day.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memorial Day.......

With Memorial Day coming up in just a few short days, please remember it is not a holiday for celebration. It is not a day set aside for barbecuing in the back yard, it is not a day set aside for all the menial things we use as an excuse to gather with friends, drink, play games, hangout, or whatever it is you do...…..
    IT IS A DAY SET ASIDE FOR REMEBERANCE,
    let us pause, if only for a moment, to remember the sacrifices made by our armed forces. Sacrifices that keep our precious freedoms intact. Sacrifices that allow us the freedom to do the trivial little things everyday that make us who we are, that make us happy, ……… that make us Americans.
    If you do nothing else this coming Monday, remember this "Somebody died for me today, I will endeavor, everyday, to be worthy of that sacrifice"

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS AND GOD BLESS AMERICA
    Last edited by K. Lane; 05-24-2018, 08:47 AM.

"Somebody died for me today, I will endeavor, everyday, to be worthy of that sacrifice"

Comment

EXACTLY!!!!
      It is amazing how many folks appear not to know that.

Comment

Amen! I'm extremely grateful for the sacrifices our servicemen/women have made that allow us to "gather with friends, drink, play games, hangout, or whatever it is (I) do".

"Somebody died for me today, I will endeavor, everyday, to be worthy of that sacrifice" … < Perfect

Comment

God bless all the men and women of the military who have fought, are fighting and will fight for us. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Comment

Well said...

Comment

Within our ranks all gave some and some gave all.

Honoring those who fought and died in Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation New Dawn

Comment

This is not Veteran’s Day either, this is Memorial Day, to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice, not the rest of us who came home.

Comment

Well said. It bugs me how it's just a long weekend for so many, and they don't really understand why.

Comment

Amen! Well said.

Comment

This was posted on another site... When I saw it, I got that "lump" in my throat and that blurry screen syndrome...

Indeed if we as a Nation don't pause to remember AND HONOR those who DIED defending our freedom, we too shall perish... God Bless America (again)...

Click image for larger version

Name:	memorial day 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	24539930

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        This was posted on another site... When I saw it, I got that "lump" in my throat and that blurry screen syndrome...

Indeed if we as a Nation don't pause to remember AND HONOR those who DIED defending our freedom, we too shall perish... God Bless America (again)...

[ATTACH]909124[/ATTACH]
                        Thanks Charlie. That's a powerful image.

Comment

Not only is it a day to honor those who died, serving this country; but, it is a day to honor, encourage, support and affirm the dear family and friends whose beloved gave their life for the freedom and ideals of this nation, for you and I.

In so doing, you will bring honor to the legacy of the life that was lost and will forever strengthen the bond between the one remembered and the one who will never forget.

God Be with you and Comfort all who mourn.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                            EXACTLY!!!!
                            It is amazing how many folks appear not to know that.
                            Sadly it`s not taught in school anymore , or it`s barely mentioned to students . Maybe not all schools but dang sure a lot of them . I made sure my kids knew what it was for and now my grandkids . Also a lot of people treat it like veterans day . While our military personel can never be thanked too much , that is not what THIS day is about . Also it will ALWAYS be May 30th for me .

Comment

Obviously everyone can do what they want over the weekend, but I make it a point to not shop at places that have Memorial Day Sale! anywhere on the website, or windows. 4 wheel parts was the first to go, haven't shopped there since two years ago when they had a Memorial Day sale. I see their website today is boasting about one again this year.

I am not against drinking way too many beers and smoking a brisket or grilling burgers, just take a minute to remember and pour a little out for those who gave it all so that I get to do those things, while living in the greatest country the world has ever seen thanks to them.

Comment

Working...
                              X