Big Hog Got My Feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Hog Got My Feeder

Looks like a big hog destroyed my feeder over the weekend. Pushed the control box around and everything inside was gone. Bear maybe (I hope not)???
    Attached Files

might be raccoons. Bastages can cause a lot of damage.....

Comment

That's what varmint cages are for

Comment

Upgrade them feeder legs while your at it or he will have the entire feeder on the ground. Also put in a metal funnel. G-Luck

Comment

I'd bet anything coons did that.

Comment

Coons recently did this to one of ours. Caught em on camera. They like to hang upside down from the box. They end up pulling the covers open if not bolted shut and then get caught up in the wiring trying to climb and hang on it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-05-22-21h24m48.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	24547339

this feeder still had over 200# in it

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                [ATTACH]917686[/ATTACH]

this feeder still had over 200# in it
                I have some pictures like that too!

Comment

I have a solution to those problems. They ain’t gonna win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Seems like a good amount of damage to the control box. How high is the control box off the ground? Hate coons with a passion, might want to get a game camera to see whose doing the dirty work.

Comment

If you don't put hog panel under that skid feeder and anchor it down, the hogs will flip it. At lease they did mine and my son's.

Comment

Never seen coons be able to bend the mounts for the motor box so it was more then likely a hog like you said unless you have cows or some other big animal to push against it. Easiest solution is to get longer legs so the pigs can't reach it. Coons have opened my motor boxes before so that is why mine have a small bolt through the hole to keep them from opening them and trashing everything inside.

Comment

Get some longer legs and anchor them down with something short t post and wire legs to them. Have ours like this and no problems with hogs turning them over

Comment

We had some "hogs" do this to several of our feeders once. Checked cams and the "hogs" had two legs and leased the property next door

Comment

Originally posted by JGreen31 View Post
                              I have a solution to those problems. They ain’t gonna win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              That looks really solid! Except for that slide lock. Coons will figure that out quick and spin all your corn on the ground. Dont ask how I know

Comment

Working...
                              X