Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
    So your saying he is stupid?
    Nope, not calling him stupid, everybody does stupid things here and there, I know I do, but buying a second hand bow without an agreement I think is dumb (easily avoidable), and who know's the OP can probably contact the original owner and have him send it in

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
      What a stupid thing to say.
      Why, did you buy a second hand bow without an agreement???

Comment

I don't buy split limb bows for that reason. I also know that Bowtech does not Warranty second hand bows. It is their policy. Sorry you had that issue. Buff, just get the TBH'r to take it in for servicing.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
          Maye he bought a trade in from a archery shop and doesn't know who the 1st ower is......
          Well that falls into the category of why would you do that??? Unless the shop would warrantee it, which would make it a smarter decision.

Comment

Hate you got turned down on the warranty Buff, great info to know in the future.

Here's their warranty, it has been changed to original owner:
            Lifetime Warranty
            All BOWTECH bows come with a non-transferable lifetime warranty to the
            registered original owner. This warranty protects against any failures of the
            product due to defects in material or workmanship and does not include any damage
            due to abuse, misuse or modification to the bow’s design. The following exclusions
            apply.
            Exclusions
            Cables and strings, bearings, paint and/or hydrographic film transferred finishes,
            accessories to include: sights, arrow rests, string silencers, quivers, or any other components
            included as part of an accessory package.
            Damage caused by abuse, mishandling, dry-firing, alteration or modification to
            original product. Other excluded damages are those resulting from either loose mod
            screws or shooting arrows less than five grains per pound of draw weight. Damage
            caused by altered or damaged arrows and/or string dampening material, including
            original and aftermarket parts, is also excluded.
            For the warranty to be enforceable the original purchaser must complete and submit
            the online registration form within 30 days of purchase.
            Last edited by Tmag; 08-19-2015, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wisco-hunter View Post
              Why would anyone buy a bow second hand without an agreement by the original owner to send it back if it breaks, lot's of stupidity in this world.

Thanks for your input.
              It has been a long time since someone has called me stupid, that is a big help

Some 20 years ago I had a riser split on a Black Widow that was 7 or 8 years old and bought second hand.
              BW said it should have never broken and replaced the bow.
              It would seem to have been a good move on their part as I have bought 16 bows from them over the years and have help sell countless others.
              When I bought the Bowtech second hand, I never gave much thought to the likely hood it would come ungluded. It never entered my mind that any bow company would not stand behind their product, no matter who owned it at the time.

It is not a money thing, it is just the general principal.
              As I said before, If your bow cant ride in the back of a truck, in a case, It should come with a Ice chest to haul it in
              I buy a lot of toys and If I dont come up with a fix for my vision, I will spend countless thousands of dollars on bows for my self and my many grandkids over the coming years.
              Im one of those brand loyal fellows, I would have always bought Bowtech for myself and others but now Hoyt has the ball

PS the bow shop thought I was silly buying another bow as they will have the Blowtech fixed next week, That decision was all mine.
              Proof red necks should not have money
              Last edited by Buff; 08-19-2015, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Why would anyone buy a bow second hand without an agreement by the original owner to send it back if it breaks, lot's of stupidity in this world.
                Nope, not calling him stupid, everybody does stupid things here and there, I know I do, but buying a second hand bow without an agreement I think is dumb (easily avoidable), and who know's the OP can probably contact the original owner and have him send it in
                Wow!

You don't know Buff, do you?

Comment

Sooooo, "lot's of stupidity in this world" now translates into "you're stupid", my intent was for it to mean "you made a stupid decision", sorry for confusing you. Buff, sorry if you took it the wrong way, but I will stick to my guns here saying that if you buy a second hand bow without an agreement from the original owner, that is "less than smart" (if that makes it easier to take). Especially if you're expecting to use a warrantee. I hope you can contact the original owner and get it replaced for free.

Comment

Sooooo, "lot's of stupidity in this world" now translates into "you're stupid", my intent was for it to mean "you made a stupid decision", sorry for confusing you. Buff, sorry if you took it the wrong way, but I will stick to my guns here saying that if you buy a second hand bow without an agreement from the original owner, that is "less than smart" (if that makes it easier to take). Especially if you're expecting to use a warrantee. I hope you can contact the original owner and get it replaced for free.

Comment

Isn't that fraud?

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                        Thanks for your input.
                        It has been a long time since someone has called me stupid, that is a big help

Some 20 years ago I had a riser split on a Black Widow that was 7 or 8 years old and bought second hand.
                        BW said it should have never broken and replaced the bow.
                        It would seem to have been a good move on their part as I have bought 16 bows from them over the years and have help sell countless others.
                        When I bought the Bowtech second hand, I never gave much thought to the likely hood it would come ungluded. It never entered my mind that any bow company would not stand behind their product, no matter who owned it at the time.

It is not a money thing, it is just the general principal.
                        As I said before, If your bow cant ride in the back of a truck, in a case, It should come with a Ice chest to haul it in
                        I buy a lot of toys and If I dont come up with a fix for my vision, I will spend countless thousands of dollars on bows for my self and my many grandkids over the coming years.
                        Im one of those brand loyal fellows, I would have always bought Bowtech for myself and others but now Hoyt has the ball

PS the bow shop thought I was silly buying another bow as they will have the Blowtech fixed next week, That decision was all mine.
                        Proof red necks should not have money
                        You should just buy the bow shop Marty. Then you could write all those bows off as promotional expenses. The down side would be Bisch wanting to come shoot for free.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                          Isn't that fraud?
                          Well there is "lots of stupidity in this world".

Lol.

Comment

Marty- That was the Widow mad at you for bringing another bow. Serves you right and you have known better. Kinda like cheating on your wife

Comment

Why, did you buy a second hand bow without an agreement???
                              No as a matter of fact I didn't. I just don't see someone like Buff as stupid.

Comment

Hey Marty,

That really stinks! I am glad the hunt worked out and the experience didn't ruin your hunt. No doubt I'd have been annoyed and completely turned off by the lack of discretion on Bowtech's part. Good on you for how you are handling it. I'd have done the same.

Which Hoyt did you get?

Comment

Working...
                                X