Hughesnet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hughesnet

Anyone here have any experience with there internet. I only have two options at my house and I can’t stand frontier. So what kind of experience do y’all have with hughesnet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No experience with them but everything I have heard was not good.

Comment

Ask Chopsknives what he thinks about them.

Comment

They are decent now with the new generation low flying satellites they sent up while back. Heard they used to suck real bad. We have had them for a year now I think and they are decent on speed. Nothing like the city but WORLD of difference from dish internet.

Comment

We could not stream a movie without constant buffering. Canceled.

Comment

I hated them because the service was bad and the cost was high. We cancelled them and went with Verizon hotspots. Twice the data for half the cost and it doesn't go out when the wind blows.

Comment

Well I have had it for 2yrs now and has worked great.

God Bless
              Bish

Comment

Haven’t had any problems with it. Kids cant do online gaming but that’s fine with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Stay far far away from Hughesnet. Horrible customer service, internet service sucks, & high priced. Have you looked at Dishnet? You should be able to get Dishnet anywhere you can get Hughesnet.

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
                    We could not stream a movie without constant buffering. Canceled.
                    I couldn't even stream a youtube video........their service sucked!

Comment

When I had it 8 years ago ( I know that's a long time in internet history) but it was really really slow. You may be able to go ISND or ADSL even if you are out in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
                        I hated them because the service was bad and the cost was high. We cancelled them and went with Verizon hotspots. Twice the data for half the cost and it doesn't go out when the wind blows.
                        X2 They were terrible and the customer service was even worse! We use hotspot and its good.

Comment

High prices, horrible customer service, slow speeds, but only option where I’m at

Comment

Was pretty dang slow.
                            Couldn't stream anything.
                            We are in the boonies, so not many options.
                            We switched a couple of years ago and got a TMobile hotspot and now stream at 4G. (Our normal cell phone service is through ATT.)
                            Have saved money and been satisfied. We occasionally reach our 10G limit and it slows down for a few days.

Comment

High priced but their internet speed has increased over the last 6yrs. Still can't stream Netflix though. I only have them bc the wife is back in school. Not worth the money in my opinion. I haven't dealt with their cs so cant comment on that.

Comment

Working...
                              X