Need to get a survey for electrical easement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to get a survey for electrical easement

Bringing electric onto my property and Oncor is asking for a 10 ft. easement to the metered pole, which is just 2 poles in from the road. Anyone have connections around the Seagoville area to get a survey done? Especially if said surveyor would trade out his time for hunt(s).

I have some contacts out of Kerrville I know they will travel not sure on cost or what you are wanting. Also not sure about the trade out of work.

I can PM you contacts if needed

Comment

When I gave a easement to the Power company if was just a form they provided that I signed.

A new survey was not needed?

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
        When I gave a easement to the Power company if was just a form they provided that I signed.

A new survey was not needed?
        Same here with water line

Comment

I just went in and cut the easement, never did a survey.

Comment

If you are giving them the easement for your power you don't need a survey. You can do a centerline, which can just be a crude drawing of your property and the location of said easement and the poles and anchors. It's good to have the centerline drawing filed with the easement so that in the future there aren't any questions on the extent of the easment. Do not give them a blanket easement or they can build in the future wherever they want/need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by yotaman View Post
              If you are giving them the easement for your power you don't need a survey. You can do a centerline, which can just be a crude drawing of your property and the location of said easement and the poles and anchors. It's good to have the centerline drawing filed with the easement so that in the future there aren't any questions on the extent of the easment. Do not give them a blanket easement or they can build in the future wherever they want/need.

Thanks for the information guys. Sure hope a survey isn't needed. The Oncor rep I met with out at the property just rattled off needing a 10' easement so I just figured a survey would be needed.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                Thanks for the information guys. Sure hope a survey isn't needed. The Oncor rep I met with out at the property just rattled off needing a 10' easement so I just figured a survey would be needed.
                I deal with multiple power companies on projects. I never have had to survey anything. Just sign a form.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

Comment

As others have said no survey needed. You will probably need the document number of your deed and the legal description of your land. Also if you have a loan on the land you will likely need the lienholders signature on the form.

Comment

They will just need an easement, when you have it surveyed in the future they will add it to the new survey. Make sure that if there is brush/tree removal that they haul off or chip. I let Central Texas Electric Cooperative push in burn piles. They pushed in into oak and cedar trees with no way to burn unless I burn the whole pasture.

Comment

Originally posted by yotaman View Post

x2

Comment

Well, I just got the paperwork from Oncor and on the Distribution Easement Information Form it has a greyed box that states:

PLEASE NOTE

Owner will be required to provide a survey of the easement, prepared by a registered professional lan surveyor, with signed and sealed metes and bounds description and a pictorial (Exhibit "A"). The survey shall be in 8-1/2"X11" format and should be legible with clear detail showing all dimensions of the easement, nearest intersections, north arrow, volume/page of the subject property and the easement shaded/cross hatched with a legend identifying the easement area os "Oncoe Electric Delivery Company LLC Easement." The survey and drawing must be of legible quality for filing with the County Clerk.

So, by that statement it looks like I need a surveyor and survey, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                          Well, I just got the paperwork from Oncor and on the Distribution Easement Information Form it has a greyed box that states:

PLEASE NOTE

Owner will be required to provide a survey of the easement, prepared by a registered professional lan surveyor, with signed and sealed metes and bounds description and a pictorial (Exhibit "A"). The survey shall be in 8-1/2"X11" format and should be legible with clear detail showing all dimensions of the easement, nearest intersections, north arrow, volume/page of the subject property and the easement shaded/cross hatched with a legend identifying the easement area os "Oncoe Electric Delivery Company LLC Easement." The survey and drawing must be of legible quality for filing with the County Clerk.

So, by that statement it looks like I need a surveyor and survey, correct?
                          yes

Comment

So the call goes back out to anyone that has a referral to a surveyor.

Comment

In my area, if I recall the easement is 10’ on “each side” of a two phase line and 15’ of a three phase line.

Comment

Working...
                              X