San Antonio area shore fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Antonio area shore fishing

Can anyone recommend a good place to shore fish near San Antonio or just north? My 10 y/o nephew wants me to take him fishing. Size/type not important, just want to catch a few fish using worms. Anyone ever try fishing pier at Boerne City Lake? Lake temp is super high.

Thanks

Not sure if you consider kerrville to far but there is a nice park there... Best of luck fishing with the youngster... Awesome you are taking him into the outdoors!

Comment

The river that runs through Boerne is great. Bass, crappie, and catfish. Plus, the gas station across the street from the park has a BBQ place inside and they're brisket sandwiches are amazing

Comment

Fischer park in New braunfels there's 2 ponds one with a pier lots of blue gill, perch and decent bass fishing. Plus there's a splash pad your nephew can cool down and play around after your done fishing

Comment

Canyon Lake.

Comment

Don’t go to boerne lake on the wkends. It gets packed with trashy arse folks. I kayak out there to get away from everyone. Fishing is extremely hard though. Better off going to the Guadalupe.

Comment

Originally posted by slicktree View Post
              Fischer park in New braunfels there's 2 ponds one with a pier lots of blue gill, perch and decent bass fishing. Plus there's a splash pad your nephew can cool down and play around after your done fishing
              Lands park has some good bank fishing. Get some minnows at the store over by Coopers bbq. Bass will tear up the minnows.

Comment

Haven’t been in several years don’t even know if it still open but there was at least what I called converse park. Caught a many a fish out of there. I’ll post a drop pin of it in a few minutes

Comment

Originally posted by Efren View Post
                  The river that runs through Boerne is great. Bass, crappie, and catfish. Plus, the gas station across the street from the park has a BBQ place inside and they're brisket sandwiches are amazing
                  That bbq place is closed

Comment

Sorry forgot to post pictures

Comment

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post

Sorry forgot to post pictures
                      What is this place??

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                        That bbq place is closed
                        And it was not good BBQ at all

Comment

Originally posted by Efren View Post
                          We built part of the high school in Boerne when I was an ironworker. We used to eat those barbecue sandwiches all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
                            And it was not good BBQ at all
                            Yep lol I last time I tried to eat there I watched the guy make our bbq sandwich’s with bloody meat hands I pointed it out to him and he got PO’D and threw them
                            Away but not the brisket he was handling with raw meat we just left
                            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 06-29-2018, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Evil View Post
                              What is this place??

Converse north park. Fishing use to be good there but I haven’t fished there in 6 or 7 years so I have no clue what it’s like now

Comment

Working...
                              X