Dog needed near Whitney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog needed near Whitney

My brother shot a buck last night right before dark. Couldn't find any blood last night so he came back this morning and followed blood for about 200 yards and couldn't find any more. He said the shot was high behind the shoulder and looked like lung in some of the blood so he got at least one lung. I know it's been a while so don't know if it's worth it, just wanted to do everything we can before giving up. We think it's dead but the weeds are so thick you can't see more than 5-10 feet. If you think you can help or know someone who can around lake Whitney let me know. Thanks

Good luck, hope y’all find it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He's still alive. Checked the camera and he came back this morning

Comment

I guess the arrow went between the lungs and spine
        Attached Files

Comment

He will survive unless an infection gets him. Cool to get a picture that quick though

Comment

Good news. Not much on the rack but what a brutus of a body. Hopefully he will afford another chance.

Comment

Dang, that's a big old deer. And a tough one. Hard to believe he took that wound last night and he's back eating like nothing happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Starman View Post
                Dang, that's a big old deer. And a tough one. Hard to believe he took that wound last night and he's back eating like nothing happened.
                I couldn't believe it either. We looked almost all day then checked the camera and there he was. I was out there walking through a field of cockleburs for nothing

Comment

Dog needed near Whitney

I highly doubt that is between the lungs and spine!! There is no space between the lungs and spine! More likely right thru the backstrap.

Hope y’all get another crack at him!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                    I highly doubt that is between the lungs and spine!! There is no space between the lungs and spine! More likely right thru the backstrap.

Hope y’all get another crack at him!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    YEP--there is no "void" above lungs/beneath spine in a normal healthy deer. If there is, it is a sick deer. Next time you field dress one, look at how the ribs come off the sides of the vertebrae, arch up a bit, and then curve down to the breastbone---lungs actually go up a bit higher than the lowest part of the vertebrae.

Comment

Did you find the arrow? Was it a pass thru ?

Comment

Originally posted by shark79 View Post
                        Did you find the arrow? Was it a pass thru ?
                        My brother found it near where he shot when he went to check the camera. When I saw it I thought the deer might still be alive. It just had some meat and dark blood on it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X