No announcement yet.

Guest Mistake Stories...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took my know it all BIL hunting a few years ago. At this property in Bronte, the general consensus amongst my grand dad and his buddies was if it's brown it's down. No big deal as there were no real rules...except it was after December and was doe season only. I can understand shooting a spike and thinking it was a doe if the spikes were pretty small...but he shot a 3.5 year old 8 point. He still wanted the deer, but I told him he didn't want to pay for it and after he paid, the game warden still would not have let him keep it.

He does not understand why I won't invite him to hunt MY property.

Conversely, I took my other BIL hunting the day before...he had 5 doe lined up fixin to cross a fence line. He was cool as a cucumber and was asking which one to shoot while looking thru the scope. He will get invited.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
      I take it you haven't bought any cattle lately.
      No I haven't but I what I do know is some people will charge alot more for a cow once it has been shot than what they would get for it at the sale.. What i was trying to say really that is once that cow is shot alot of them become the "prized" cow of the heard

And I am not saying that is everyone, but some people do that..

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post
        No I haven't but I what I do know is some people will charge alot more for a cow once it has been shot than what they would get for it at the sale.. What i was trying to say really that is once that cow is shot alot of them become the "prized" cow of the heard

And I am not saying that is everyone, but some people do that..
        In the sales world we like to refer those extra charges as Pain in the *** fees, or sometimes referred to as dumb*** fee.

Comment

Originally posted by Geraldg6 View Post
          In the sales world we like to refer those extra charges as Pain in the *** fees, or sometimes referred to as dumb*** fee.
          And I understand that

What is a bull going for now days??

Comment

I was part of a hunting group in the Leaky area back in the early 90s. The guy hosting us had a few rules. We could shot any sika, any 10 pt or better buck, and two whitetail doe. He also had a few Axis and asked us to shot them in the neck because several had been lost to the typical shoulder shot most make on a whitetail. The first morning one guy brings in two doe and all is good. That evening we go out and Im fortunate to take a nice 10 point buck. It was by far the biggest buck I had ever seen in my life. It is about 1 hr after dark and no one has come to pick me up. I start to think they have forgot about me and will figure it out and come pick me up sooner or later so I just drug my buck over to the road and sat down with him. More time passes and I finally see headlights. The guy picking me up seems a little weird and just loads up my deer and we head to the camp house. When I get there, all kind of tension is in the air. Turns out, the guy who shot two doe in the morning, shot two more that evening. Another fellow shot an 8 pt buck, claiming he thought it was a Sika buck, and the third guy shot an Axis in the shoulder instead of the neck. They tracked it to the neighbors fenceline and couldnt find it. No way to contact the neighbor for permission to continue the search so it was lost. Our host was some kinda ****** off, rightfully so, but it sure did put a dent in what should have been a celebration of my deer. My group was invited back year after year to hunt there but the other group had to pack their bags and head out the next morning. These were customers of his and they never got invited back. I think they thought since they were customers they could shoot whatever they wanted with no consequences. Wrong.

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tspurgin26 View Post
                This thread is awesome
                Yes it is

Comment

And I understand that

What is a bull going for now days??
                  Oh man, that's a good question. Way too many variables to get you an exact amount, but ranges from 2.5k to 5k normally. Enough about cows, where are all the good whoopsie moments.

Comment

Originally posted by Geraldg6 View Post
                    Oh man, that's a good question. Way too many variables to get you an exact amount, but ranges from 2.5k to 5k normally. Enough about cows, where are all the good whoopsie moments.
                    This guy got charged like 11k for it ha

But I also don't know what kind it was!

And I agree I really am enjoying this thread!

Comment

I once saw a guy and his dad dragging a dunk 8 pt out of some public in an AR county. In this particular place you have to check your deer in at the ranger station.
                      This thing couldn't have been more than 11" wide.
                      The guy said " as soon as I saw it had 8 points I knew it had to be 13" wide"
                      Not sure how the rest of goes. He either checked like he supposed to and got a ticket or didn't take it to the check station

Comment

These stories are awesome!!

My uncle told me about a mistake one of his buddies made a while back while hunting on his ranch. My uncle put one of his friends in a stand for a hunt and went about his way to another stand. After a while my uncle gets a call from his buddy and the guy is all excited because he just shot his first bobcat with his rifle about 100 or so yards out in some brush. The guy was ecstatic and was on cloud nine. My uncle told him to just stay in the stand and sit tight because maybe a deer or a turkey would come by. So my uncle picks his buddy up after the hunt and they guy is still smiling ear to ear. They head on over to where the "bobcat" was shot and they find a calico housecat from one of the farm houses down the road. My uncle never let his buddy live that one down.....

Comment

Wow... now I understand why some leases don't allow guests.

Comment

A lease member brought a friend that never deer hunted to shoot a doe. Each member got to shoot 1 doe and 1 buck. He took his friend and set him up at a stand with a lever action 30-30 and 5 bullets and told him he could only shoot a doe (NO HORNS). They heard 5 shots from the area the friend was set up so they went to pick him up and see what happen. They pulled up to him just smiling ear to ear with 5 dead deer (4 doe and 1 yearling buck) laid out. Asked "Why in the hell did you shoot 5 deer?" Because i ran out of bullets or i could of got 1 or 2 more was his response.

Comment

This guy got charged like 11k for it ha

But I also don't know what kind it was!

And I agree I really am enjoying this thread!
                              My buddy just got 7k for one of his
                              They have others for about 10k

We sold a Santa Gertrudis for a small fortune when my parents still had cattle

They can get spendy most aren't but some are

Comment

Originally posted by LWR2 View Post
                                My father used to run a property in Falfurrias for his company before he passed. He had two of the largest Steel MFG Sales reps out for a hunt. We had some really nice deer and had really given them the green light on any mature deer they wanted to take. My dad took one of the guys and I took the other. He was from PA and was very adamant on his hunting abilities. Really an *** and very arrogant. So we come to the first gate and he gets out of the truck with gun in hand and I thought he was opening the gate. Next thing I know he is shooting at a 6 point buck standing in the brush line. Buck drops in his tracks and the guy yells out " How's that you **** redneck". Kinda got a little ****** but what he did not know is we had to pass through another persons land to get to our property and the land owner called the game warden and he was sighted for unlawfully taking a deer without permission. Felt bad for about a minute, but I can still remember him yelling after the shot!
                                HOW'S THAT YOU **** REDNECK!
                                I think I would have "brush piled" me a sales rep!

Comment

Working...
                                X