No announcement yet.

Trailer axle and bearings help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take the other side off so you can get the right replacement, and replace both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
      Take the other side off so you can get the right replacement, and replace both of them.
      The other side went out last year at the lease , I couldn't remember how the other side looked

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
        The other side went out last year at the lease , I couldn't remember how the other side looked
        If you have the mfgr you can probably get it. Otherwise you will have to measure the axle and hub diameters to get the right size bearings.

Comment

Manufacturer's website will have the details. I just replaced both of my hubs. Not as bad, was not a major deal though. Agree with smoothing out that spindle.
          Roy

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
            I've never seen a race on the spindle. Normally in the hub, I guess they ran completly dry and the bearings came apart.

Guess I'll grease mine next weekend.
            Yeah, that is what is left of the bearings on the spindle. The races are in the hub. Replace bearings and races. If you clean up the hub and look there should be two notches that allow you to drive the races out.

Here's a link that should help.

http://www.etrailer.com/faq-wheelbearingpack.aspx

Comment

Working...
            X