Rubber boot repair question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
    Get you a rubber tire patch kit and go to town with it.
    This would work

Comment

Shoe Goo from Walmart. I've used it for years to patch all kinds of holes. It works great.

Comment

Use a tire repair patch. It works great. I had to use one on a old pair and it is still working.

Comment

Call or email the company and be honest about your disgust in the boots performance and see if they will repair or discount a new pair if you send them back.

Comment

I have an email in to LaCrosse...... Also, I'm gonna go back the place I purchased them from and see if they will or can do anything...... I figure it's worth a shot....all the can do is say no. If these two avenues yield no results, looks like shoe goo or a tire patch will be in order.

Comment

I have a pair of the Alpha Burleys that the soles are coming loose from the boot after only 10 years of use...........I'll try the Shoe Goo and let you know how it works.......

Stu

Comment

Originally posted by BOHTR View Post
                TBH braintrust, I need your help. Saturday morning, while sitting in my stand, I noticed a tear in my Lacrosse Alpha Burly boots. It's on the foot part and is in the shape of a 90 degree angle......each side of the angle is about 1/2 inch long. These boots are 1 year old and to say I'm ticked would be an understatement. Can this be repaired ? By repaired I mean made waterproof again..........Thanks in advance for any info.
                I'm duct tape certified, so I've fixed lots of boots with duct tape.
                I'm not recommending this unless you have your duct tape certification.

Comment

Aqua seal they use it in the diving industry. This stuff works wonders. The rest of the boot would fall apart before the area you repair with this stuff will.

Comment

Originally posted by Fla Hunter View Post
                    Aqua seal they use it in the diving industry. This stuff works wonders. The rest of the boot would fall apart before the area you repair with this stuff will.

Exactly what I was going to recommend. I work at a fish hatchery and we have used Aqua seal many times to repair waders/boots with great results. It is kind of runny when first applied and takes a while to cure. Just leave the material lying flat til it cures (overnight). It sticks very well to almost anything and will stay flexible.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Gear-...FRPl7AodqVkAjg

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                      I'm duct tape certified, so I've fixed lots of boots with duct tape.
                      I'm not recommending this unless you have your duct tape certification.
                      If Red Green can do it, I can do it and have done it many times.

Comment

Bingo ! I knew there was probably a product out there just for this kind of thing. Thanks Fla Hunter....and thanks Dennis for the link ! Dennis, I don't know why I didn't think about you working at the hatchery.....I should've known you would know what to do. Thanks buddy !

Comment

You are welcome Rick. We've gotten it at Academy before but I don't know if they still carry it.

Comment

Working...
                          X