Comment

Originally posted by ty729 View Post
      More pics of the trailer hootus
      This

Comment

Originally posted by ty729 View Post
        More pics of the trailer hootus
        Dont have anymore...
        When he arrived with the stand we thought it was just a tilt trailer.. he backed up the truck and it stabbed the ground and pulled a optimus prime thing we scrambled back to the ranger to get our phones.. was pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          Floor frame is pretty stout..over engineered in my eyes.. you mean the floor isnt fastened down well to the structure? Ill pay some attention to this as well
          I'm not really sure - we don't hunt it very often, but I do know not to roll the chair across the middle of the blind.

It needs some work, just isn't high on my priority list since the way it is set up, it can't be hunted in a west or south west wind

not my doing.....

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            Floor frame is pretty stout..over engineered in my eyes.. you mean the floor isnt fastened down well to the structure? Ill pay some attention to this as well
            We've had a bunch in the past. Paint does come off. Some faster than others. But the floor problem drove me nuts. The insulation separates in between the floor and when you roll a chair across the floor you can hear the floor snap , crackle and pop. Had to put plywood over the floor and re-carpet to eliminate the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by FCTrapper View Post
              We've had a bunch in the past. Paint does come off. Some faster than others. But the floor problem drove me nuts. The insulation separates in between the floor and when you roll a chair across the floor you can hear the floor snap , crackle and pop. Had to put plywood over the floor and re-carpet to eliminate the sound.
              there ya go

Comment

Originally posted by Aboud View Post
                Great blinds!! We have 3 of them and my boss has 11 of them. Only real issue is the paint. Unless they've fixed the problem, once the metal expands and contracts in the heat and cold the paint will just bubble and flake off. It's like that on every one I've seen.
                THIS ! Nice blind but the paint on mine is bad too....

Comment

Nice blinds. I would also suggest running a bead of silicone along the flashing on the roof. If the paint chips on the roof along the flashing there is no barrier to prevent the water from running down the inside. Eventually causing a rust problem.

>E

Comment

Monster blinds

Originally posted by FCTrapper View Post
                    I have several of the Monster blinds out of Brady on 16 ft. towers and paint remains good and no popping or noises at all (other than when a bird lands on the top :-)-- a cardinal sounds like a taradactyl.)

Comment

That trailer is too cool. Nice blind too.

Comment

That is cool

Comment

Nice

Comment

I might have this figgered wrong, but did he have to pull a couple of pins at the front of the trailer before standing it up? Pull the pins, back up, lock the trailer brakes and the trailer starts to pivot up. Back end of the trailer digs into the ground and you just keep backing up until the blind is up in the air. Reverse process to load.

I've seen round bale haulers work on a similar concept.

But I would like to see a vid of it in action .

Comment

Originally posted by cheez View Post
                              I might have this figgered wrong, but did he have to pull a couple of pins at the front of the trailer before standing it up? Pull the pins, back up, lock the trailer brakes and the trailer starts to pivot up. Back end of the trailer digs into the ground and you just keep backing up until the blind is up in the air. Reverse process to load.

I've seen round bale haulers work on a similar concept.

But I would like to see a vid of it in action .
                              You pretty much nailed it.. pull at least one set of pins..trailer tilted back..skids hit ground...backed up (stand tower legs are still strapped to trailer..) ..transformer mode and it gently stood the stand up.

Comment

Yeah, the tower needs to stay strapped to the trailer to prevent it from going over the other way.

Comment

Working...
                                X