Computer won't read SD card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer won't read SD card

It is a PNY 4GB card. I can view pics in a digital picture frame but not the computer. Has anyone had this problem? Anyway to fix it? I can't even format it.

Try restarting the computer. If that fails see if it reads another SD card. I have several cards that my laptop stopped reading.

Comment

Make sure the card lock has not been pushed back into the locked position.

If it hasn't pitch it and get a new card.

I usually only buy SanDisk cards.

I have close to 40 cards and have had only a couple become corrupt.

Comment

My cards do that sometimes. Toss and get another one.

Comment

Restart computer as stated

Comment

Make sure your card reader is set up for that size card. I have an older card reader that only goes to 2 gig. Had to get another one for other cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
              Make sure your card reader is set up for that size card. I have an older card reader that only goes to 2 gig. Had to get another one for other cards.
              This was happening to me too with my high priced Dell PC. Stole my daughter's pink Dell laptop for game cam downloads and problem solved!

Comment

I've had a couple do that to me and a friend at work uses some kind of recovery soft ware and unlocks them. He's saved the pictures and the card is usable again. I have no idea how he does it but it's something you may look into. Good luck Kevin

Comment

I won't buy the PNY products again. SanDisk is reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post

I won't buy the PNY products again.

SanDisk is reliable.

Comment

If I use the SD slot on laptop mine will not read had to use card reader USB plug in,

Comment

Originally posted by SURVIVOR View Post
                        If I use the SD slot on laptop mine will not read had to use card reader USB plug in,
                        Indeed. And it's easy enough to check the card first before using it. Download some pics to the card and check it out.

Comment

just put it in the slot and wiggle it around and see if something good happens

Comment

I've read on here before that sometimes the contacts get dirty/corroded and you can rub them with a pencil eraser and it will work. I think it was Burnadell that posted it so if it doesn't work take it up with him!

Comment

I was able to read the card in my wife's digital camera last night. However, could not save pics to disc in computer.

Comment

Working...
                              X