Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work like a charm

Comment

I have a few. I also put a plastic jar of jello powder in it w a few holes. So they smell it....works good for me, but I hunt in walking distance from my house... (cause they do vo quick)

Comment

Done it before with pigs and it works grat

Comment

Had to close 2 of the 4, 5/8" holes in mine today. They were emptying it to fast. I do have a good looking "Crop Circle" the feeder made. I watched it one morning, and had 2 groups of sows and piglets come in and 2 boars. I will let them go to bow season, then let the hammer down!

Comment

Finally get back to lease tomorrow and may try to hunt it in the morning and check cameras.

Comment

I always put a few rocks in mine that are sure to be to big to fall out. It keeps the pigs coming to the pipe once they know its a usual food stop. I have watched two very aggravated pigs root at a pipe filled with only rocks for over 20 minutes. They were flipping the pipe in the air.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378689984.327000.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	24241623

Here's a pic of one we had set up. The pigs found it in a hurry. I drilled a hole through the cap, put a swivel on each end and used a cable instead of chain. The threaded end is on the far end. Didn't want the pigs to somehow unscrew the cap and push the pipe who-knows-where. I only put 2 holes in this one. Usually drops 2-3 kernels each time.

Comment

Originally posted by woody wood View Post
                  [ATTACH]544528[/ATTACH]

Here's a pic of one we had set up. The pigs found it in a hurry. I drilled a hole through the cap, put a swivel on each end and used a cable instead of chain. The threaded end is on the far end. Didn't want the pigs to somehow unscrew the cap and push the pipe who-knows-where. I only put 2 holes in this one. Usually drops 2-3 kernels each time.
                  wow

Comment

Setting mine up next week. I've got rocks in the end cap of mine and rocks in the tube also. 4 holes so we'll see if that's too many or not. Anxious to put it in action!

Comment

I put two of them out a few weeks back, going to check them this next weekend. Mine have 5 holes with rocks in the bottom. Have a report theyve been moved a little and have a bit of mud wiped on it. Hopefully will give me a few extra setups this fall.

Comment

I don't think the holes are big enough as it still had a lot of corn in it. Pics of pigs rolling it around quite a bit though.

Comment

Gonna have to try this. Thanks for the post.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            Fill with corn, anchor down, attach or insert something to assist with "noise making", locate it close enough to your camp, stand, road, etc. so you can hear the hogs rolling it around trying to get corn to fall out of the holes, sneak up to the area with the wind in your face and choose one of the following:

1. Ka-BOOM
                            2. Thwack
                            3. Click/Flash (photo)
                            4. "Honey, look at all the cute piggies"
                            5. Pull pin, milk the grenade, throw, duck

My personal onomatopoeia for #2 is "foomp!"

Comment

Can't wait to try this.

Comment

I'm going to give this a try

Comment

Working...