Bye bye Bannie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J&M Hamilton10 View Post
    Reports came in this week this was a possibility, Evan Grant wrote this could happen last year when they did not extend Banny...that could mean he wasn't the man for the rebuild.

It's not about wins and loses JD made it clear this was a rebuilding year... it's the clubhouse and half his players seemed to hate him.
    I believe this is the issue. He seemed like a great guy during interviews, but something was going on behind closed doors and he had a group of players that couldn’t stand him. Something was definitely wrong in the clubhouse. It certainly wasn’t about wins and losses.

JD is not as bad as everyone makes out. No team makes a run like we did without sacrificing young talent that catches up to you. Everyone goes through a rebuild at some point. If there is an issue here it’s drafting and developing pitching. That’s not on just one person, but a scouting and coaching at lower levels.

Comment

Bye bye Bannie!

Originally posted by Richard M. View Post
      I believe this is the issue. He seemed like a great guy during interviews, but something was going on behind closed doors and he had a group of players that couldn’t stand him. Something was definitely wrong in the clubhouse. It certainly wasn’t about wins and losses.

JD is not as bad as everyone makes out. No team makes a run like we did without sacrificing young talent that catches up to you. Everyone goes through a rebuild at some point. If there is an issue here it’s drafting and developing pitching. That’s not on just one person, but a scouting and coaching at lower levels.

So if this is true, this team’s players start losing and they start blaming the manager instead of themselves. They did the same to Wash.

Watching the games and their interactions, I’d have never thought these guys didn’t like Bannie..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        So if this is true, this team’s players start losing and they start blaming the manager instead of themselves. They did the same to Wash.

Watching the games and their interactions, I’d have never thought these guys didn’t like Bannie..

I wouldn't have thought it either, but that seems to be the narrative coming out...I can't think of any other reason he'd be fired now.

The team didn't quit on Wash, he ran into some weird, off field issues if you recall.

Strange, either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bye bye Bannie!

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          I wouldn't have thought it either, but that seems to be the narrative coming out...I can't think of any other reason he'd be fired now.

The team didn't quit on Wash, he ran into some weird, off field issues if you recall.

Strange, either way.

Sure sure... extra marital affair I think but the way they played, there was talk about his way and message falling on deaf ears.
          Last edited by Smart; 09-21-2018, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Think it had more to do with the cocaine..
            Last edited by Jcjohnson; 09-21-2018, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Sure sure... extra marital affair I think but the way they played, there was talk about his way and message falling on deaf ears.

I don't recall the latter, I recall the players loving Wash and being devastated. I was ready for Wash to go though, I do remember that.

Still weird.

Comment

Not at all. I don’t think there was any real expectations on winning with the line ups in the field and the pitching they were rolling out there. I don’t know what was going on in the clubhouse but there certainly was and is the only thing that explains his firing like Dale said.

I agree that surprises me too. It sure looked on the field that they had great chemistry even if they weren’t winning.

Comment

Wasn't the Wash thing about some Japanese reporter he hit on....whatever it was, why he quit and how it was kept so quiet has been amazing.

Under JD the Rangers have gone to the playoffs 4 times with one wild card and two AL Pennants.

He built and stacked those two World Series teams. I'm not a massive fan but come on I think he deserves the chance to rebuild this thing. He gets three years for me and we will see what this looks like then. Still can't believe after Cruz turned down the option JD didn't give and get him back here. That right handed bat would have been huge in those Blue Jays series.

Comment

I don't recall the latter, I recall the players loving Wash and being devastated. I was ready for Wash to go though, I do remember that.

Still weird.

Your right, players were shocked

Comment

Daniels needs to go.
                      Beltre retires and becomes the manager..

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                        Daniels needs to go.
                        Beltre retires and becomes the manager..
                        Heck, he doesn't have to retire he could be a part time player/manager like Pete Rose done for a few more years.

Comment

John Hart's model is not sustainable. That's why he has bounced around. He goes in, turns it around, and there is a 3-5yr window for the club to win. JD is a John Hart disciple and runs it essentially the same way. He's a business man with the short term in mind. There is not a long term plan. It is what it is.

For the guys talking about Nolan earlier, regardless of his title he played a HUGE role. He was the one holding the pitching staff to an accountability standard. When Nolan walks into the clubhouse, you listen. It's just the way it is. He's doing the same thing in Houston. It's different as a player when you have to answer to someone that actually played baseball.

Comment

It’s hard to say for sure either way how much influence Nolan has or had with either Houston or Texas. In both instances he walked in with the talent already in place. He is great to have around the club, but I’d wager Houston would have still won the ws without him. The were just the more talented team.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                              Think it had more to do with the cocaine..

This is what I remember

Ron Washington said Thursday that he stepped down as manager of the Rangers after being unfaithful to his wife of 42 years.

Comment

It's starting to sound as though this has been an ongoing issue. It still surprises me.

I think the timing and urgency with which this happened may be an attempt to get Beltre to play another season, and keep Elvis around.

I’ve been wondering about this. Does Elvis want to stick around for a rebuild when he can opt out? I was surprised they didn’t trade him for something and then try to get him back with a new contact going forward ala what the yanks did with Chapman. If Beltre sticks around for a rebuild it is a testament to his love for the game and the city.

Comment

Working...
                                X