What Would You Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Would You Buy

Theoretical Question...If money/time was no object, what bow (longbow or recurve) would you buy and why? Take money and time from the equation and let's say your dream bow was on the rack for sale. Also, what length, poundage and woods would your dream bow have incorporated within it?

Doug

I have bought about 7 dream bows over the last 40 years

Every one of them at the time was just what I wanted.

All have been Black Widows from 50 pounds up to 84 pounds.
    5 recurves 2 longbows
    I still love them all
    Click image for larger version

Name:	a9.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	24554314

Comment

What Would You Buy

Mine would be a Sarrels Blueridge longbow! I have shot a gazillion bows over the years, and the Blueridge is “the” bow for me. Since 2009, I have gotten 4 new fiberglass longbows. All have been Sarrels Blueridges!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Last edited by Bisch; 09-18-2018, 10:02 AM.

Comment

I shoot my "Dream Bow" almost everyday.

My choice is Black Widow PLX Takedown Longbow 66" 50lbs at my draw. I do have another TD PLX that is a little heavier that I hunted with but the lighter one is more fun to shoot. The heavier of the two was my "light" bow just a few years ago

Comment

Not sure. I have too much to learn yet.
          However I wanted a Widow and got a used PSA. I really like how it shoots.
          I took a Tall Tines on trade for a bow I didn't want but he did. I really like how it shoots.
          I've got a longbow coming and I hope I like how it shoots.
          Fancy woods and overlays aren't my thing though. I'm going to scratch one up the way I hunt and abuse it so it needs to be tough, forgiving and quiet. If it is and I can shoot it well I'll have sweet dreams.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

I think I would opt for a #47-50 Caribow Tuktu EX to compliment the #55 one that I already have.

60"
              Beaver Tail rest, strike plate, and grip
              Wood - Make it Pretty

Comment

Big Jim's Mountain Monarch and give him the artist's choice to make it something special. With money being no object I could entertain myself with other "dream" bows during the year and a half wait for the mountain monarch.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckc. View Post
                  Big Jim's Mountain Monarch and give him the artist's choice to make it something special. With money being no object I could entertain myself with other "dream" bows during the year and a half wait for the mountain monarch.
                  ^^^solid choice

Comment

Dream bow... the one I've had for 3 years (to the date to be precise!) I've killed enough critters to make me satisfied with its performance, durability, and good looks.

I'm sure I have had the money to buy another bow... but I have a hard time justifying it because my Black Widow Greenleaf PCH IV 58" - 48# at my draw works for me just fine.

But, if wasting money wasn't an option... I'd buy my dream bow's less curvy "sister"... a Black Widow PLX long bow 64" @ 40# for my draw with the Toby grip... of course in Greenleaf! Would make a fantastic rabbit thumper.

Comment

like some. Ive had 4 or 5 lifetimers... 1 is cracked at the fadeout.
                      and 2 i shot this past weekend

Comment

Sarrels sierra longbow still my favorire although i havent shot the blueridge..
                        51lb would be perfect

Comment

Use to I would buy the bows. Now I like to build them for fun. My favorite bow that I didn't build is a G.W. Flanagan recurve or a good old Bob Lee. My favorite one I have built is one I designed based on a 50's style recurve.

Comment

I would want a 64" longbow. (Because I like the way they sound and shoot.) I also like the 2 piece models because they look like a 1 piece longbow but typically have micarta or other heavier weighted material in the riser so it is heavier (but not as heavy) as a 3 piece bow. I prefer the 51# - 55# range at my 31 3/4" draw as this is a comfortable poundage for me and I can hunt anywhere in North America and take any game with it. The make and model, This is a hard question to answer. You don't know what you don't know. There are a lot of bows I would like to shoot such as Cari-bow, Tall Tines, Big Jim, Tolke Whip and I am sure many others. Some of these I have shot but they were shorter or lower or higher poundage so it is hard to compare apple to apple and give each one a fair shake. (Also to consider, I love the Sierra from Bob Sarrels. I think he is looking at making a 2 piece version soon!)

At the moment, I am expecting the postman to deliver a 64" 2 piece Poison Dart bow that is about 56# at my 31 3/4" draw. It fit all my criteria and I had the opportunity to shoot one earlier this year and simply fell in love with it. (It was a 53# bow at my draw.)

Comment

I'm a simple man with simpler tastes..my all time favorite bow is a plain old bear Montana 50#

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X