Forecast says mid 70's for opening weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forecast says mid 70's for opening weekend

That should get some of us bow hunters motivated. 75 will be fur coat time after all this heat!

based on the farmers almanac and seeing leaves already falling from some trees I am expecting a colder than normal winter. I am ready for an opening weekend where shorts and flip flops are not my choice of hunting wear.

Comment

60% chance of rain in my hood for Sat.. hate muddy deer leases when I am there...

Comment

I might actually hunt opening weekend with temps like that.

Comment

May have to stay a few days . . .

Gary

Comment

I don't have much faith in any 10 day forecast but right now it says a high of 75 with scattered rain for our area as well. I will certainly take that!

Comment

Says the same for my area. Will be a really nice change from the 90+ degree hunting I’ve had previous years. Especially since my pop up doesn’t breath all that well, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I personally love stripping down to soggy underwear in the deer stand.... bring the heat!

Comment

What app are y’all using that shows 12-13 days out? Mine only shows out to the 26th.

Comment

Mud, heat, and mosquitoes = no fun. See ya after the first cool front. I just refilled all my feeders and checked my stands this weekend. Lots of mud, sweat, and skeeters.

I will spend all next week in San Diego. Maybe a decent cool front will blow in after I return.

Comment

Rut

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      That should get some of us bow hunters motivated. 75 will be fur coat time after all this heat!
                      You should already be motivated with all these rut treads going on this early!

Comment

They cant predict 5 days out. What makes you think they can predict 10+ days out. The odds are in favor of a cool down but I wouldn't bet on it.

Comment

Hey. Trying to be optimistic here! Haha

Plus, the mosquitos can be negated using a thermacell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That would be nice!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                              I don't have much faith in any 10 day forecast but right now it says a high of 75 with scattered rain for our area as well. I will certainly take that!

Yep, they have it in the low 80's here for opener but it will probably be in the 90's. Our deer wont care though as the rut will be wide open at my lease as it is every year opening weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X