Vacation to Switzerland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacation to Switzerland

The wife and I are going to Interlaken Switzerland in September. Has anyone been and have recommendations on things to see or restaurants? Hoping to find some activities that are reasonably priced.

Originally posted by Micahbo View Post
    The wife and I are going to Interlaken Switzerland in September. Has anyone been and have recommendations on things to see or restaurants? Hoping to find some activities that are reasonably priced.
    There is NOTHING reasonably priced in Switzerland...I’m talking $25 hamburgers. Beautiful place to visit, but don’t look at the prices...

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
      There is NOTHING reasonably priced in Switzerland...I’m talking $25 hamburgers. Beautiful place to visit, but don’t look at the prices...
      Thanks for letting me know. Now I can start saving a little more money.

Comment

It was 1974 I am sure that somethings have changed
        It was not cheep then I’m sure it’s higher than giraffe ears now

Enjoy
        Ron

Comment

Train tickets are cheap enough, dont waste all your time there in one location, you will regret it. Hop on the train one morning and roll to Milan, Italy. Its only like 3 hours which is nothing when you're kicking back on a train and not focusing on driving. Lots of good places surrounding Duomo in Milan. Just get on the train each day and make day trips to all the nearby cities. Shop and eat in a different city each day. You should only be in your hotel from the hours of 9pm to 7am if not your wasting time! Bring your best rain gear as its always raining in Switzerland.

Comment

Love Switzerland and the town of Gruyere! Make sure you eat Raclette! I attached some photos of Gruyere and other areas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
            Last edited by PROD49; 04-18-2018, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Go to Murren, right up the road. The Interlaken area os my favorite place on earth. Where are you staying?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CentexRancher View Post
                Train tickets are cheap enough, dont waste all your time there in one location, you will regret it. Hop on the train one morning and roll to Milan, Italy. Its only like 3 hours which is nothing when you're kicking back on a train and not focusing on driving. Lots of good places surrounding Duomo in Milan. Just get on the train each day and make day trips to all the nearby cities. Shop and eat in a different city each day. You should only be in your hotel from the hours of 9pm to 7am if not your wasting time! Bring your best rain gear as its always raining in Switzerland.
                This is a genius idea. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
                  Love Switzerland and the town of Gruyere! Make sure you eat Raclette! I attached some photos of Gruyere and other areas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                  These pictures just got me pumped for the trip. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
                    Go to Murren, right up the road. The Interlaken area os my favorite place on earth. Where are you staying?

We are staying at the Victoria Grand Hotel.

Comment

I have only been to Lucerne, it is beautiful. Raclette! Yes! Take a boat trip on the lake and take the train/tram up Mt. Pilatus. Eat well, and enjoy.

Comment

Interlaken is absolutely amazing. Top-3 most beautiful places I've been on Planet Earth, and realistically probably #1.

We did a "canyoning" tour where they strap a helmet on you and you rappel, jump, and slide down this mountain river. Basically follow the stream from the top to the bottom, navigating it in different fashions including flat jumping off cliffs into deeper parts. That was absolutely fantastic and something most people do. We did a boat tour of the lakes that was kinda okay, but we were in our early 20s, so I'd probably appreciate it more now. Took in some dungeon like bars (I think Balmers hostel?) and chatted (drank) it up with a bunch of the Swiss military. The up mountain trains are definitely worth it as you get to hike around once you're on top and get amazing views of the Matterhorn, Jungfrau, etc.

Great area. I'm jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                          Interlaken is absolutely amazing. Top-3 most beautiful places I've been on Planet Earth, and realistically probably #1.

We did a "canyoning" tour where they strap a helmet on you and you rappel, jump, and slide down this mountain river. Basically follow the stream from the top to the bottom, navigating it in different fashions including flat jumping off cliffs into deeper parts. That was absolutely fantastic and something most people do. We did a boat tour of the lakes that was kinda okay, but we were in our early 20s, so I'd probably appreciate it more now. Took in some dungeon like bars (I think Balmers hostel?) and chatted (drank) it up with a bunch of the Swiss military. The up mountain trains are definitely worth it as you get to hike around once you're on top and get amazing views of the Matterhorn, Jungfrau, etc.

Great area. I'm jealous.

I went canyoning there as well and loved it. I also did a white water rafting trip and it was awesome. The water was mucho frio!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post

Great area. I'm jealous.
                              Do you think that someone should be in pretty good shape for this? I'm a bigger guy. That sounds fun though.

Comment

Working...
                              X