*New Texas Record!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TC View Post
    the biggest non tagged pasture born deer ever killed in the state of Texas!
    I admit, the science behind growing these antlers is fascinating.

And I guess to claim a record, the OP had to qualify it with his non-tagged, pasture born info.
    Which is more than most HF guys offer up, usually its just a pic.

Originally posted by Catarina View Post
    Deer like this one are just products of years of turning out breeder bucks and does. Calling it a pasture born deer doesnt mean much and is not the same as a pasture born buck on a regular high fenced ranch with native deer
    Thank you.
    I wish there was more explanation as to what folks are actually looking at with these animals.
    But, I get it.
    It's big business and not a sound practice to reveal info.

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
    Does not qualify for TBGA.
    Neither would original qualify under current rules.
    If neither of these bucks would qualify for the Texas Big Game Awards, what state records are they breaking?

Comment

*New Texas Record!*

Last edited by bowfishin fool; 10-04-2017, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
        If neither of these bucks would qualify for the Texas Big Game Awards, what state records are they breaking?
        For the number of db posts made by HF/Breeder haters in a single thread all the while claiming they are only expressing opinion on something they arent judging at all...

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
          Negative and judgemental? Lol, just my opinion along with many others... its clear you take this personal, and its clear which side of the High Fence you hunt sir
          They are negative and judgmental right along with you.

I have never and will never hunt a high fence, but when someone is happy about what they got legally, and it affected me zero, I can appreciate that.

Comment

I guess some of you cannot read and/or are just too ignorant to read the first post. The OP says HF Haters need not reply, if you have anything negative to say go tell it to someone who cares. For those of you with positive comments, thank you. My cousin puts in a lot of work to be able to grow deer like this. Time away from family and friends, long days, and rarely a weekend off. I know he would appreciate the postive posts. To the haters, grow up. Nobody cares what you think but you.

Here is a link to the Texas big game awards. Bottom of the page, Rick Merrit in Bosque county.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              For the number of db posts made by HF/Breeder haters in a single thread all the while claiming they are only expressing opinion on something they arent judging at all...
              Deer need to be evaluated in relationship to their peers.

Most of this anger by folks about specific deer is misguided.

The folks that are just about inches for something to be special and the folks that have to have backstory for an animal to be special are never going to see eye to eye.

They are playing two different games with similar equipment.

Moral of the story is...

If you win a racquetball tournament, don't act like you won Wimbledon.

You didn't.

Hunt for yourself and be honest with others if you are going to share your accomplishments.

Be happy for people that are happy with their exploits in the outdoors.
              Last edited by Encinal; 10-04-2017, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Doubles Champions

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayj1Fu7NUHs"]Middle Aged Racquetball - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Great Buck, could care less if its HF or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    Said experiment done more than just grow the horns. Did you see how many holes are in the deer?

I count three

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                    He used a BUMP STOCK on his ak

Comment

Wait, going forward so there wont be any arguing when using the word deer please do so as deer*** or "deer" when referring to one of these unnatural abomination of the lord animals hahaha Kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And who cares about points or rack size. This is a real WT deer and would whoop that other deer's *** and you too if you took a shot at it with anything under a .50 Browning
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Ætheling; 10-04-2017, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                        Wait, going forward so there wont be any arguing when using the word deer please do so as deer*** or "deer" when referring to one of these unnatural abomination of the lord animals hahaha Kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And who cares about points or rack size. This is a real WT deer and would whoop that other deer's *** and you too if you took a shot at it with anything under a .50 Browning
                        Good lord!!!

First whitetail lap band candidate

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                          Guide- ok, he's usually at this feeder around the next corner
                          Hunter- yep there he is
                          Guide- you ready? Put your rifle out the window slowly.
                          Hunter- can you drive me closer?
                          Guide- yeah but we're at 25 yds now.
                          Hunter- you sure that's the one that costs me $25 g's?
                          Guide- yeah.
                          Hunter- how much is the one over there that the owner is hand feeding right now?
                          Guide- another $10 g's
                          Hunter- i'm gonna take that one.
                          Guide- let the owner move away first before you shoot.
                          Hunter- why? We're only 20 yds now, I gotta 20 power zeiss, it costs me $1800, I think I can hit him.
                          Guide- ok, go ahead.
                          bang!!
                          Guide- you smoked him.
                          Hunter- I like that phrase, can I use it later?
                          Guide- well, I have a patent on it, but you can for a small fee.
                          Hunter- where'd the owner go?
                          Guide- he took out runnin.......
                          Best post on the thread

Comment

Hell I just wonder how many realize it's a thread from a year ago? Cool buck congrats to the hunter.

Comment

Congrats to the shooter and while I would absolutely shoot that deer once my heart started beating again after seeing him on our LF Llano ranch, I would prefer to see a big symmetrical deer to this crazy yet impressive rack.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                                I love it!
                                Me too...hunter, guide, owner all got exactly what they were after...a win all the way around!

Comment

Working...
                                X