Pallet Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexaswBOWhunter View Post
    Very interesting....I like it...Are you still going to add some burlap on it??? Whats the deal with the barrels, do they go to a water trough???
    Glad you like. Still haven't decided on the burlap as I've spent more money on our set up than I orignally planned. We may brush it up with cut up dead stuff (tree branches, bushes, etc.) or we may use fake Christmas tree limbs. The barrels do run to a water trough. We're almost done with a guzzler I'm posting on the watering system thread.

Chris, you shoot anything this weekend?

Comment

no such luck. i was the only one not to lol. oh well, lets call it saving the buck tags shall we??? haha.

good news is my new truck took the trip like a champ

Comment

I like the idea. Pablo what part of west Tx are you hunting??

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
          Glad you like. Still haven't decided on the burlap as I've spent more money on our set up than I orignally planned. We may brush it up with cut up dead stuff (tree branches, bushes, etc.) or we may use fake Christmas tree limbs. The barrels do run to a water trough. We're almost done with a guzzler I'm posting on the watering system thread.

Chris, you shoot anything this weekend?
          Pablo,
          Brushing them, in works well too.....best of luck with it...
          You guys have gotten me to thinking about putting one of these guzzlers in my area that I hunt...I just bought 2-275 gallon tanks to start with and will get the rest together by the end of season and put out before the spring...

Comment

great job, i like it

Comment

Looks good. Good idea

Comment

I'd prune some of the native brush and stuff it in the pallets to hold it

Comment

Made this one out of nothing but pallets and brush..... didn't cost a thing!

Click image for larger version

Name:	blind.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	23859635

Comment

Originally posted by turbowhunter View Post
                    Nice!

Really, most of the cost for my setup is in the guzzler. Also, I went with the roof I did for added rain gathering.

Comment

I've got two all plastic black pallets in the garage that I was saving for the base of a box blind, but never got around to it. The more I thought about it in the wild it just sounded like a good place for a rattlesnake to lay.

Comment

Originally posted by turbowhunter View Post

[ATTACH]63993[/ATTACH]
                        I can not see the blind. were is it?

Comment

I have one with camo burlap and 2 pallets. Looks pretty good, although not as good as Turbohunters!

Comment

In STX we call them rattlesnake dens. But, you should be OK. Very smart idea for a rifle blind....

Comment

Awesome blinds

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X