Gauge Problem On 2003 GMC Envoy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gauge Problem On 2003 GMC Envoy

I'm in Dallas at a conference today and tomorrow, and on the way up here, all the dashboard gauges on my 03 Envoy went nuts. They've been kinda messing up for a few weeks, but before today it was always just my oil pressure gauge, and the RPM gauge. As of today, my gas gauge is reading well over full, and all the other gauges are crazy as well. I'm wondering if there's any way of resetting the gauges without having to spend a fortune at the dealership.

Anyone else had this same issue?

This has become a big problem with GM gauge clusters. I had to replace the one in my truck. If you have less than 75k on the odometer they will warranty the cluster. I did not pay anything to get mine replaced. Go to your local dealer.

Comment

I have an 03 GMC HD and on my truck the gauges did this but it was my alternator , 89.00 and twenty minutes later it was fine, but look on google and type in 03 GMC gauge problems and I think i remember seeing quite a bit about the problems they were having with the instrument clusters but I doubt you can change one you have change the whole cluster out. Good luck.

Comment

You can also try www.automotiveforums.com they have always been very helpful for me.

Comment

I have a friend that had the same problem on a 03 Sierra , replaced guage cluser........no charge.
          Your local service writer should be able to give you info as well.

FW

Comment

http://www.envoyforums.com/ Come over and ask your question.

I have an 02 Envoy and have never had this problem.

Comment

I would check with your dealer Will. There may ba a recall. GM had some issues with dashboards for a couple of years.

Comment

Yep mine does the same thing, only its just the fuel gauge, when you kick it into neutral it starts to work again

Comment

I had that happen once on our 06 envoy where all the gauges went haywire for a sec. About a year later, the gas gauge started reading empty when it was full. Never did anything about it except trade it in for a truck.

Comment

I think trere was a recall on all GM products(truck division ). I had to have my 04 silverado and wifes 04 tahoe both repaired. Gages went out takes about 1 to 1-1/2 hours to replace.

Comment

Call the dealer with your vin. There was a recall for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                        Call the dealer with your vin. There was a recall for this.
                        I bet he fixed this about 4 years ago.....

Comment

There is a guy in my area that rebuild the stepper motors on the cluster. You can buy all the stuff you need from ebay but I don't recommend it. It cost me 125.

Comment

Originally posted by RealTreeHunter View Post
                            I bet he fixed this about 4 years ago.....
                            lol love it. There will still be 5 more people today who give him gauge cluster advice

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJanow View Post
                              lol love it. There will still be 5 more people today who give him gauge cluster advice
                              Including the guy right above you.....

Comment

Working...
                              X