A Long Shot....but who knows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Long Shot....but who knows.

I've had the great fortune of hiring a few great folks that either came directly from TBH or as a recommendation from someone on TBH. I have another need and I'm hopeful that somebody knows someone that would fit. If nothing else, send up a prayer that we'll find the right person.

My mother-in-law has moved into a suite at our home in Porter, TX. She's suffered from dementia for a few years and now needs to be closer to us. She's very lucid right now and tries to do for herself, but the dementia has atrophied her optic nerve and she's nearly blind. It's just not safe for her to be on her own, all day, any longer. We have a crazy active life with active kids, businesses to run and lots going on. My wife and her sister have about worn themselves out and we've decided we need some help. We're in a unique situation, where we are neighbors with my wife's sister and her husband and we're all here to care for and support her, we just need some help so that our lives can return to some normalcy and someone that is called to do this kind of work will have a job with a nice local family.

Hours would be typically 11am-6pm 5-6 days a week. Sometimes there may be the need for an overnight stay (your own room) or longer hours. Companionship, light cleaning, light cooking, watching Dr. Phil and LivePD, dispensing of meds, keeping up with the remote and constant attention to the thermostat will keep your days full and cheery. Pay and benefits to be negotiated with the right candidate.

The perfect applicant would be a good hearted, caring, responsible person that has a heart for serving others and cares for people. Must speak clear English. Must be able to pass a background check, a pre-employment drug screening, and have a good driving record. We will only hire the perfect person for the job and will expect that person to remain perfect for the job.

Those that shouldn't bother applying include anyone with a criminal record, mean people, thieves, idiot liberals, members of the Michael Jackson Fan Club, people that flex in the mirror at the gym, anyone that actually believes that Epstein killed himself, racists, PETA supporters, NY Yankee fans, dog haters, anyone that doesn't love Gus from Lonesome Dove, motor mouths, gossips and anyone that thinks that Lebron is better than Jordan.

Please apply by email to curt@joslintexas.com and in the subject line, please type "Adult Caregiver Needed". Tell us about yourself, provide a resume if you have one, provide contact number and best time to reach you.

Thanks and God Bless,

Curt and Jennifer Joslin

Much love out to yall - Blessings moving forward!

Comment

Prayers for your mother-in-law, your family and for your finding the right person for the job.

Comment

Have you looked into home care staffing companies?

Comment

Oh man Curt, I'm sorry you guys are having to go through this, but I commend you for "honoring your other and father" that it may go well for you! I hated the day that my mom and dad could no longer live independently. Fortunately for us they were still mentally very alert so we were able to take care of them in our home as well until the Lord took my dad and my mom only spent a few short months in an assisted living facility... I will inquire at our church about such a person for you guys and will get back to you with anything I find out.

God bless you and Jenn, her mom and sister as you go through this together.

Comment

Very sorry to hear this Curt. My daughter, Abbie, is a senior at Kingwood. She is a certified nurse aide and actually has a job interview this afternoon for a home health care position at a home in kingwood. Unfortunately she can't work the hours you need (still going to school) or I'd send her your way. She has a huge heart for the elderly and has been volunteering at a home in Humble. Prayers for your MIL!

Comment

It takes a very special and loving person to provide this type service. Praying that you and that person find each other.

Comment

Ya'll are good people Curt. Prayers for you and your family. Dementia sucks

Comment

Hope y’all fine what you need. God bless ya.

Bump

Comment

I pray the lord sends the right person to you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                      keeping up with the remote
                      Thought this was the job for me until this......I can't keep up with my own remote.

Good luck on your search, hope you guys find the perfect fit!

Comment

Best of luck to y’all in finding the right right person. Prayers sent for your search...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Tuff deal, sorry to hear this. My mom has Alzheimer’s/ Dementia and is in an assisted living facility, she pretty much needs 24hr care. It’s just a horrible disease, I hope y’all find what your looking for.

Comment

I'm going through the same thing with my Mother. I found out that a nursing facility with 24 hour care was cheaper than the applicants I had to stay with her at home.

Good luck buddy, I'll say a prayer that you can find that unique person. I couldn't.

Comment

This sounds like a great gig for me. How strict are those requirements? I’ve been to prison multiple times for theft, love MJ(Jackson, Jordan is gross), I flex in the mirror with my cats, always vote YES to PETA, and I’ve never heard of that lady or that movie she’s in.

I’m all seriousness I hope you find a good candidate that can really help your family out.
                              Sending prayers for wisdom.

Comment

Working...
                              X