Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Wrong

Amazing isn't it...here we got tp&w limiting the entire state to shooting only two javs (which is insane for deep south tx) yet people take it upon themselves to have better knowledge of what's acceptable for the ml population?? Their numbers / sighting have certainly increased in the state & are becoming a problem in urban areas in other states, yet it is full blown panic / anxiety issue someone is willing to take one legally??

I agree w/ jshouse about this turning into entertainment vs any sort of debate that needs to be defended at this point...let's hope the late night posting continues.

Comment

TBH get's stranger by the day

Comment

It’s interesting to see all the different ways people respond the the same question. There’s no right or wrong answer, but people try and convince others to see things their way, right or wrong. I was attacked by a lion in Big Bend National Park when I was a kid. I barley survived the experience and will wear the scars the rest of my life. As I got older, I took interest in lions and have followed any info I could find on the topic. The facts are this. There are studies out of west Texas and New Mexico that show there are more lions now than ever before. The reduction of trapping and predator control directly relate the the decrease in sheep and goat production in core areas of their home ranges. Cats and bears both move out of these core areas in a effort to establish territory of their own. As a result they travel hundreds of miles as the disburse. They are and have returned to places that were void and have done so without any government assistance. They are very reclusive in nature and have learned to live near our communities without conflict and will continue if left as is. There are very few trappers nowadays and even less hounds men. The two most effective ways of hunting lions. Anything else is just right place, right time and the lion has less hunting pressure now than ever before.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
          I'm listening. Who is directly in the way of any species being restored?
          The species does NOT NEED "RESTORED". The species is, and has been, in fine shape. You created this false narrative that mountain lions are in danger so you could climb up on your wooden high horse, when in fact they are not.

Comment

Would you shoot a mountain lion

Catch a listed extinct or endangered trout in Colorado. Do you release it and notify the state or throw it in the ice box to mount on the wall for your own trophy/bragging?

It's a selfish choice. Can't debate topics on a educated level with simpletons. Out.

Thank God!! Run to your safe space!

Comment

Would you shoot a mountain lion

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
              I know I've seen you post before but I don't remember this level of entertainment from you in the past. I like it.

Been going on for years and all he manages to use as his constant defense is how much smarter that he is than everybody else. Usually late in the evening and probably alcohol assisted.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Thank God!! Run to your safe space!
                I think whiskey river ran dry... He will be back.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                  **** it I knew there were some shenanigans going on over here. When were up to 300 post. I'm to late to the party [emoji19]. But know that I read all that stuff I'm going to kill the first one I see. And when I'm done I'm going to drink a white claw .

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                  that makes two of us.

Ive seen 3 in my life. All in colorado, had one was in the scope at night, while holding a light tracking an elk. When I told the rancher about it he said I should have shot it. Probably should have

Now, if I see one here, yes Im shooting it. To death

Comment

I'll weigh in on this. Up here the take is regulated, quotas on each area. The big cats are doing just great, they are everywhere, literally.
                    We caught a couple of pics of one this fall on the game cam in the hay meadows.
                    Come winter we had ZERO deer in the meadows where usually we have 20-30 feeding.
                    About 2 months ago fresh tracks in the horse pasture and along the creek. After every fresh snow, more tracks.
                    Yesterday we solved that problem, nice sized female down. We jumped her off a kill it seems as he was so full she did not try to run very far before she stopped to look back.
                    Fatal mistake on her part.

108 lb female down, full belly and no kittens inside. The deer can now winter in peace and the horses are safe.
                    They are killing machines and expanding ranges all over. We've seen tracks farther from the ranch house but never right along the creek and in the horse pasture literally less than 100 yds from the house.

We've seen a big cat down in Cooke county one winter and tracks around the family place that year. They are around and not endangered.
                    They are beautiful animals but killing machines, no way you will affect their population down there by talking a few.

This mt lion is #10 taken from this cat area, the quota is 12. It will get filled before the season ends and we'll still have lots of cats next year, as we do every year. Houndsmen will tree and release females most times, we wanted this cat out of the meadows so she did not get a pass and we do not have or use hounds.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      This reply is reward in its self. You claim to be a smart guy but continue to be drawn out in the open by rather simple dialogue. I bet all of your post make more sense drunk but since I don't drink you just look like a babbling fool.
                      I haven't touched a beer in 30 days. Tonight I'm going too. I will try to decode what he is typing. And then I will report back in the morning

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                        I think whiskey river ran dry... He will be back.

Lol....yup...

Comment

Not unless I felt threatened. But, I would love to see one in the wild.

I don't even shoot bobcats. Although, I see them on occasion.

Not against it. Just not my thing.

Comment

I've always operated on the rule that if I see one, it's very likely sick or old and potentially dangerous, and therefore the best plan is to intend to shoot it. I have an "ambulance rule", where I'd never want to be riding in the ambulance after one of my kids got hurt wishing I'd taken something out when I had the chance. That mainly applies to venomous snakes, but works here. If it seemed like the lion was healthy and minding its own business and I just lucked out, I'd enjoy watching it and probably leave it be. Incredible animals.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                              I'll weigh in on this. Up here the take is regulated, quotas on each area. The big cats are doing just great, they are everywhere, literally.
                              We caught a couple of pics of one this fall on the game cam in the hay meadows.
                              Come winter we had ZERO deer in the meadows where usually we have 20-30 feeding.
                              About 2 months ago fresh tracks in the horse pasture and along the creek. After every fresh snow, more tracks.
                              Yesterday we solved that problem, nice sized female down. We jumped her off a kill it seems as he was so full she did not try to run very far before she stopped to look back.
                              Fatal mistake on her part.

108 lb female down, full belly and no kittens inside. The deer can now winter in peace and the horses are safe.
                              They are killing machines and expanding ranges all over. We've seen tracks farther from the ranch house but never right along the creek and in the horse pasture literally less than 100 yds from the house.

We've seen a big cat down in Cooke county one winter and tracks around the family place that year. They are around and not endangered.
                              They are beautiful animals but killing machines, no way you will affect their population down there by talking a few.

This mt lion is #10 taken from this cat area, the quota is 12. It will get filled before the season ends and we'll still have lots of cats next year, as we do every year. Houndsmen will tree and release females most times, we wanted this cat out of the meadows so she did not get a pass and we do not have or use hounds.
                              Beautiful animal.

Comment

Catch a listed extinct or endangered trout in Colorado. Do you release it and notify the state or throw it in the ice box to mount on the wall for your own trophy/bragging?

It's a selfish choice. Can't debate topics on a educated level with simpletons. Out.

If a trout is extinct, which means they don’t exist, how in the heck can you catch one???

Tigercowgirl, are you stoned??

Or just Stupid ???

Comment

Working...
                                X