X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If given the opportunity, yes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

With effort and unselfishness, a few species have made or are making a comeback and avoiding extinction from original habitats. Sharks, whales, grizzly bears, eagles, sea turtles, turkey, gray wolves, and now a Texas wild cat (possibly a mountain lion/cougar)...

Hunters who would choose to shoot one down at first site for a trophy vs make an impact toward restoring what was thought to be lost is selfish and mentally immature.

Comment

I have no clue since I've never seen one in the wild. Leaning towards I probably would not, but reserve the fact that I might! Who really cares? They are a game animal.
        Last edited by doghouse; 01-19-2020, 07:23 PM.

Comment

There's no way to know just how many mountain lions are in the State of Texas. A mountain lion in a neighboring State could easily come into Texas since they have such a large territory to cover. Not only that but Texas is a large State and there's a big chunk of it that you can't even pass through because the terrain is so rough. I've seen mesquite so thick and cactus grown up so thick in there that you'd need a bulldozer to get through it. The mountain lion population ain't on a downhill slide because they ain't stupid. People don't see them because they don't want to be seen. They live and move where they won't be.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
            With effort and unselfishness, a few species have made or are making a comeback and avoiding extinction from original habitats. Sharks, whales, grizzly bears, eagles, sea turtles, turkey, gray wolves, and now a Texas wild cat (possibly a mountain lion/cougar)...

Hunters who would choose to shoot one down at first site for a trophy vs make an impact toward restoring what was thought to be lost is selfish and mentally immature.
            I get the sentiment, but you are misinformed.

Comment

I used to spend my nights out in a barroom
              Liquor was the only love I've known
              But you rescued me from reachin' for the bottom
              And brought me back from being too far gone

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                For clarity, I meant you.....Just to **** you off. I'm not selfish, I just think that holier-than-thou know-it-alls that tell the rest of us how we should think, act and hunt are fun to **** off. I respect your decision not to kill a perfectly legal-to-kill lion....you just don't respect the decision of the other side because it doesn't align with yours. You a democrat?
                Right...I doubt I'll ever get the chance but this superior hunter ethic crap might make me shoot one in the gut & toss my cigarette butt in the blood trail.
                Last edited by Artos; 01-19-2020, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  Right...I doubt I'll ever get the chance but this superior hunter ethic crap might make me shoot one in the gut & toss my cigarette butt in blood trail.

Hahahahahaha....

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post

If they were in that much danger they would be on a government list and not able to be hunted.

Comment

Yes

Comment

I would shoot one if I was just out hunting, I would not pay to shoot one that is tracked down by dogs and you shoot it out of a tree, nothing against it, just not on my bucket list.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                          I get the sentiment, but you are misinformed.
                          Please continue

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            Right...I doubt I'll ever get the chance but this superior hunter ethic crap might make me shoot one in the gut & toss my cigarette butt in the blood trail.
                            Stay proud being just a killer (not a hunter).

A balance of nature needs to exist. Obviously you couldn't give a $hi#.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              If they were in that much danger they would be on a government list and not able to be hunted.

Turkey were not on lists or had a season until efforts were made to bring them back to East Texas.

Comment

Ask yourself this...

Are these arguments within this debate just an effort to prove you are right?

Or do you have any interest in doing what is right?

Comment

Working...
                                X