Needing new arrows any help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needing new arrows any help?

New to bows... Looking to get a few new arrows... I shoot 5577 goldtip expidition hhunters now.. Saw that dicks had goldtip devistators for 29.99 anyone ever use these? trying to stay under $50

I've got Easton Axis N Fused. I get them $100 per dozen and fletch them myself. I've got some buddies that like Gold Tip's but never used em myself. Carbon Express has some nice arrows too.

Comment

well I just picked up some carbon express cruch 350 thanks

Comment

If you're new, I've been doing this addiction for over 40 years and the advise I can give you is not spend discretionary $ on something else (beer, etc.) and get your arrows from a pro shop, get good arrows matched to your bow and have the shop help you tune your bow with broadheads. If they will not, find another shop.

I learned as a kid that in the hands of a proficient archer, good arrows and a bent stick with a string will outshoot a good bow and lousy, mismatched arrows.

It sure cheaper than playing golf, isn't it?

Myself, I shoot Carbon Tech Rhinos, 11+ grains per inch and a 510 grain finished arrow from my compound. The added weight slows the bow down a bit but also quiets it and the penetration is much better than a light weight arrow. If you know the range and practice enough the loss of speed is not important.

Comment

Working...
        X