THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
    What changes did they make? I haven't hunt TB in forever.
    They bull dozed a freeway and some of the surrounding ranchers put up high fences.

Sad.

Will take a few years to recover.

Comment

Well, I know you're not supposed to wish negative on someone but if something happens to that fence down the line, there may be some free-range exotics in TBR's future.

Comment

Driving

I remember when TPWD took over they no longer allowed you to drive all the way back in there anymore. Is that still the case? There was a spot I used to duck hunt but it was back in there. Not sure about walking all that gear in.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
          I remember when TPWD took over they no longer allowed you to drive all the way back in there anymore. Is that still the case? There was a spot I used to duck hunt but it was back in there. Not sure about walking all that gear in.

I think they gave up on that idea when the lake came up. Was out there a couple weeks ago I was able to drive all over the place. Basically long as there isn’t water or big trees there’s nothing stopping you from driving wherever you wish

Comment

Sweet! Now I need to look and see if they still restrict duck hunting to mornings only.

Comment

Duck hunting times are from 30 minutes before sunrise to noon

Comment

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post
                Duck hunting times are from 30 minutes before sunrise to noon
                Yeah, I saw that the hunting is still limited. When I asked why they halved the duck hunting on TBR, the response was that they were doing it for now to encourage nesting. What they didn't say was that "for now" meant in perpetuity.

Comment

howdy everybody!! been a while since i been on here. Very slow on the thread. Anyone been out to TB lately? ill be out there starting the Dec 26 for 4 days. Hopefully yall have some happy holidays!!!

Comment

Hunted a few days out here this week. 1 spot in a bow only area. Seen a couple bucks on camera but not while in stand. Had a young doe and yearling Wednesday night but they didn’t come in my shooting lane. Tried another spot near the south end of south pool last night. Didn’t see anything. Met another hunter when I was parking and he was 3-400 yds away. Heard a shot from that way so assuming he got something. Back at first spot this morning but nothing yet.

Comment

hello im new to this area..moved here back in may and wasted no time scouting this area. i put up some cams . i got bucks moving at night ..can't wait till bow season. 2 8 pts
                      Last edited by huntnfishn73; 08-07-2023, 06:51 PM.

Comment

ok here that 8 pt

Comment

I don’t want to bother the deer , turkey or quail, but would love to hear about the duck hunting, it’s a 1.5 hour drive and
                          we would like to catch two or three hunts but wondering about twin butte and making people POed

Comment

Working...
                          X