No announcement yet.

Oddest Food You’ve Eaten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a horse dish in russia. It was excessively seasoned and sliced paper thin, reminded me of pork tamales -- very tasty!

Comment

Originally posted by EliteDriver View Post
      Balut! Look it up...

Don’t have to. Been there. Done that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A couple of years ago I did a lot of reading about plains indians so when I was cleaning a blackbuck I decided to try raw liver with bile on it. Not bad, actually.

Comment

I'm surprised none of y'all said that impossible whopper, that the Burger King is putting out. Disgusting . That is my food's food .

Comment

Silk worm larvae.

Comment

Silk worm soup, chef at sushi joint just had to have us try it, he was very proud of it. Smelled like cat pee, the meaty part in it was what looked like those hard shelled things In with maggots in a bucket or soured milo. It was disgusting!! When the dude went to the back I had my son pour it in a planter in corner. Chef thought I loved it!

Comment

Originally posted by bobby314 View Post
                I'm surprised none of y'all said that impossible whopper, that the Burger King is putting out. Disgusting . That is my food's food .
                One of my favorite Burgers. To each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                  One of my favorite Burgers. To each their own.
                  all joking aside, I think I could have liked it if somebody would have tricked me first before I ate it.

Comment

Not going to name any names but she still looks good 40 years later and I might be tempted one more time.

Comment

I was in Japan 10 years ago on a business trip and my hosts insisted I try this not knowing what it was. I said OK, but only if they promised to after me (they did).

It’s sakura or sakuraniku. The sakura means "cherry blossom", niku means "meat" because of its pink color.

A little chewy but OK. Followed by wooden cup fulls of saki.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm a pretty adventurous eater. I'll typically try anything once. My LEAST FAVORITE thing in the world (so far) is Beet Pickled Quail Eggs. I like pickled eggs just fine. Can't handle the beets.

Friend of mine on an old lease ate peanut butter and mayo sammiches. Tried that too. wasn't terrible.

Comment

Probably the nastiest stuff I ever was fed at a deer camp was a big ol' pipin' hot bowl of Wolf Brand Chili that somebody put BEANS in it!!

Comment

I think it’s a tie between bobcat and fried crappie eggs. Bobcat is actually very very good. Fried the backstrap and cooked the hams in a crockpot with bbq sauce. Very similar to pork but probably a little better.

Fried crappie eggs were eatable but not good. Very fishy flavor with a texture of hotwater cornbread.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Probably the nastiest stuff I ever was fed at a deer camp was a big ol' pipin' hot bowl of Wolf Brand Chili that somebody put BEANS in it!!
                              Dump that on top of a pile of scrambled eggs and its on!

Comment

Bobcat back strap and rattlesnake on the barby
                                Cat was pretty salty - snake like chicken!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X