No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Hill Country Hunting Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boos processing on 290 and Friendship have a cold storage. They do good processing as well. Owner is Carrie Boos. Nice lady.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      We're going to the lease this weekend as well. Gonna fill feeders, check cameras, set up tripod, popup, etc.... and hopefully kill a big axis.

In case we get one, which processor(s) are good in Fredericksburg? Do they have cold storage available to hang a gutted deer after dark in the summer (late)?
      I use Klein's Smomehaus in Boerne. It is really good. Deer hotdogs, dried sausage and smoked links. Oh an they have really good chorizo they make from your deer. Highly recommend them.

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
        I was able to get out to the ranch this weekend, check cameras, fill one feeder, put out another feeder, cut some cedar, and corn the roads. Boy is it dry! I hope we can get some good rain really soon.
        Awesome pics. What is your camera setup if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
          I use Klein's Smomehaus in Boerne. It is really good. Deer hotdogs, dried sausage and smoked links. Oh an they have really good chorizo they make from your deer. Highly recommend them.
          Can’t recommend Klein’s enough. By far the best processor I’ve found. We drive from Houston to use them. The pan sausage is also spectacular.

Comment

Originally posted by ATX Tyler View Post
            Awesome pics. What is your camera setup if you don't mind me asking?
            Canon 70D with a Tamron 150-600mm lens. Now if the big boys would pose for me I’d be in business!

Comment

There is a wild fire that's spreading fast close to our lease between Llano and marble falls.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                There is a wild fire that's spreading fast close to our lease between Llano and marble falls.

Hopefully they protect all structures and keep everyone safe.

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                  Their headgear is coming along nicely so far

The deer in the first pic on the far left, looking at the camera is OLD! Would be awesome to see him stripped out later this summer!

Comment

Originally posted by Bradical BH View Post
                    Boos processing on 290 and Friendship have a cold storage. They do good processing as well. Owner is Carrie Boos. Nice lady.
                    Thanks. I'll give them a call.

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                    Sounds good, but Boerne is the wrong direction for me out of Fredericksburg.

Comment

I've had some of Bell Mountain's finished product and it was good stuff, located in Willow City.
                      Bell Mountain Deer Processing
                      1140 Legion Creek Rd
                      Willow City, Texas
                      78675 USA

Comment

Headed up this weekend to fill protein feeders & waterers. Brutal out there right now with the heat. I figure the animals can use all the help I can give them.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                          Headed up this weekend to fill protein feeders & waterers. Brutal out there right now with the heat. I figure the animals can use all the help I can give them.
                          Do you mind sharing your water setup? Do you feel it brings in more animals? I’m looking at adding one to one of my hunting areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                            Do you mind sharing your water setup? Do you feel it brings in more animals? I’m looking at adding one to one of my hunting areas.
                            They definitely help bring in more animals.
                            Our place is about a mile deep and we have 2 waterers and 1 trough off my well. Getting ready to put one more at the very back of the place. We are in the Sloan area of San Saba county, so not alot of surface water. Alot of times we see deer just walk up and get a drink without eating. To me water is more important than food in my area at times. We are using 275 gallon totes and I run a pvc pipe to one of the red stall or horse waterers that tractor supply sells. I bury the waterers in the ground . The are probably about 2-3 gallons. Havent had any issues with pigs rooting them up. I do put stakes on them to help hold them down and a big rock in them for little critters to get out if the fall in. Everything out there comes to them to drink. If I can help you in any ways , be glad to!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                              They definitely help bring in more animals.
                              Our place is about a mile deep and we have 2 waterers and 1 trough off my well. Getting ready to put one more at the very back of the place. We are in the Sloan area of San Saba county, so not alot of surface water. Alot of times we see deer just walk up and get a drink without eating. To me water is more important than food in my area at times. We are using 275 gallon totes and I run a pvc pipe to one of the red stall or horse waterers that tractor supply sells. I bury the waterers in the ground . The are probably about 2-3 gallons. Havent had any issues with pigs rooting them up. I do put stakes on them to help hold them down and a big rock in them for little critters to get out if the fall in. Everything out there comes to them to drink. If I can help you in any ways , be glad to!
                              Thank you sir! I’ve followed a few of the threads on here about watering deer from totes, and I’m always looking at ways to help improve water distribution. We have 4 wells on the property and may be drilling one more in the future, but I’d like to try a setup like yours for at least a temporary solution. I have the totes, i just need a pump to pull from one of our storage tanks.
                              Last edited by Puncher51; 07-19-2018, 01:24 PM. Reason: Added wording

Comment

Thoughts on this guy? Left pic is September of last year, right is June 27th this summer. Can’t wait to see how he finishes!

That tall shaped rack is throwing me off on what to think he’ll score.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X