How many people can't tie a tie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many people can't tie a tie.

I'm 32 years old and am just learning how to tie a tie. Am I the only one this like this? I still have to pull up a you tube video to figure this out

my son has always done mine, when I have to wear one!
    but he's a suit dressed professional, Im a blue jean to work guy!

Comment

It's like riding a bike. Once you do it, it's easy.

Comment

Make sure it's long enough, and make sure you have a tight knot.

Comment

I wore one every day for 20 years...Im trying to forget how now.

Comment

About 15 years ago when I went to detectives, that was the first thing that I had to learn.

No more patrol uniform clip-ons.

Comment

Nope, I can't tie one. I'm a blue jean and polo shirt guy.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                Make sure it's long enough, and make sure you have a tight knot.
                Yup don't want the back longer than the front. One thing I did when I was a lazy guy was just leave em tied so when they went back on I only had to tighten em up.

Comment

Cant do a full, I'm a lazy half Windsor man. But then again I only wear a tie to funerals and job interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                    Yup don't want the back longer than the front. One thing I did when I was a lazy guy was just leave em tied so when they went back on I only had to tighten em up.
                    I do that. Once I get a good knot and the right length, no sense in recreating all that work.

Comment

Confused!! Thought they clipped on.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                        I'm 32 years old and am just learning how to tie a tie. Am I the only one this like this? I still have to pull up a you tube video to figure this out
                        Just get a very large man to yell at you and tell you he's only going to show you once so you better pay attention. If you get it wrong he's going to put his size 13 boot between your back pockets.

...worked for me during basic training.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                          Had a camp I went to in DC my junior year in highschool, and this is what I did for 5 days straight since I couldn't tie one even watching the youtube videos. Just take it on and off with out un tying the stupid things. One of these days I am going to buy one that has a noose print all over it.

Comment

I can tie them, but lucky I rarely have to wear them. If you never undo it you only have to tie in the first time.

Comment

Simple fix, tie it up in the closet. Square knot works just fine.. And no I can't tie one.

Comment

Working...
                              X