• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
    Someone voted for and elected those school board members
    I wouldnt give them another penny.

Comment

Can't believe some of y'all have never seen Allen's stadium.
      Every time I went on a trip, and people asked where I was from and I replied Allen, they all would say the same thing: "Oh! You're from the school that paid $60M for a stadium just for it to crack in one season!!"

It is a nice stadium. Lot of other schools playoff games are played in it.
      Last edited by KyleW; 09-19-2018, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Used to drive by the stadium every day on my way to work. If they don't have enough money for a playground then they can't handle money. Effem!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
          Tell them you will donate if they bring back. Monkey bars marry-go-rounds seesaws and dodgeball.
          This and paddles, discipline and power to the teachers!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
            We pay some of the highest school taxes in the state here in Allen. I got an e-mail from my granddaughters elementary school asking that every students family donates $75 so the play ground can be upgraded. I thought our taxes paid for stuff like this.
            Could be worse, I pay through the nose in school taxes and my wife & I don't/can't have kids.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
              Is this the Allen stadium!?
              Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
              Are you serious?
              Whiskey
              Tango
              Foxtrot
              Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
              Good Lord
              Originally posted by KyleW View Post
              Can't believe some of y'all have never seen Allen's stadium.
              Every time I went on a trip, and people asked where I was from and I replied Allen, they all would say the same thing: "Oh! You're from the school that paid $60M for a stadium just for it to crack in one season!!"
              Allen was the first to go "big." McKinney and Katy wasnt far behind. Now Celina
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                Is this the Allen stadium!?
                That would be it.

That picture doesn't show all the cracks that led to them closing the stadium two years after it opened. It was closed for over a year so that they could make $10M in repairs to a stadium that was less than two years old.

Construction crews were putting finishing touches on exterior walls and the concourse last week. Allen ISD officials said they are pleased with the repairs.

Comment

Texas is ridiculous with football. Tons of wasted money on sports when it should be invested in things that will help in the workforce. At least the fast food industry will never have an employee shortage.

Comment

Give it to them on the stipulation that every students family members who donate are also allowed to use the complex for weightlifting, running, weekend outings etc.

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                      Could be worse, I pay through the nose in school taxes and my wife & I don't/can't have kids.
                      Yep, now I see why folks retire, sell their homes, and move away! Totally insane where we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                        Texas is ridiculous with football. Tons of wasted money on sports when it should be invested in things that will help in the workforce. At least the fast food industry will never have an employee shortage.
                        Give me more on this?

Comment

So, they have the money for a 100m stadium and.probanly already made you buy enough school supplies for 10 kids and now want more money for upgrades....I'd be tempted to send a return letter with the words PIZZ OFF! in bold print.

Comment

Its a reoccurring theme for districts. Crosby ISD is broke and looking at mid year layoffs. Prior administration officials overspent by million dollars over the last 3 school years and now we are having to dig out of the hole. Its going to be a mess for a while. Teachers have been told they shouldn't use copy paper and are having to email parents to setup classroom donations so that they have enough supplies to make effective lessons for the kids.

FWIW, the playgrounds that are "approved" are much more expensive than you think. Our Kindergarten Center is trying to fund raise for a new playground and its around $75k....and doesn't get you near what you think it should.

Comment

Don’t get me started...could throw some $ toward school safety measures but the money was spent on recreation

Comment

Don't forget CY-Fair ISD in NW Houston, the stadium there is a twin for the Allen stadium
                                with a adjoining coliseum and arena that rivals most major universities.

Comment

Working...
                                X