Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I crazy for not canceling baseball practice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Sunday was God's day with no planned activity except for the family and a few friends. Man I'm getting old. Carry on young ones!!!

Comment

LOl wow. Well this has escalated since this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
        All the name calling on this thread made the Politic forum look like Sunday school.

Y'all need to grow up
        You should hear what is said in the stands of a 9U game!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
          You should hear what is said in the stands of a 9U game!
          I'm well aware. I coached my kids sports when they were younger.

Comment

When is their first game?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Hell yeah!! Beat that mentality in those 7 year old brains! Get a bullwhip or some brass knuckles!....Hell crushed glass and glue on tape fists will do even better. **** loser kids are ruining my reliving my high school days when I was all district!! Som *****es
              wow...so you got cage fighting, from a practice in the cold & windy weather comment?

I currently coach soccer & softball with my daughter...

43°, windy & raining...our games are played in both sports; its called the WINTER LEAGUES. We play Dec-Feb then start Spring Leagues in Mar...
              Our select is year round...

While you are sitting at home with your team in 43° winding conditions, other teams are out practicing.
              Practice is what is important at this age.
              Teams that don't practice & work on fundamentals are usually the teams trying to figure out why they are in last place...

So hide your candy azz behind the keyboard acting like a tough guy, while implying others are "acting out their glory days" by coaching youth sports in normal weather conditions.

Comment

I'm a Lubbock coach for a 9u team, and we just finished a tournament for our 9u team and played with temps of 42 degrees, 22 degrees, and today's game was 29 degrees. We had kids mentally check out, and shut down....on another note, our 6U team practiced this week with a temp of 40 and the kids practiced well and the only people who complained were the parents.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
                  wow...so you got cage fighting, from a practice in the cold & windy weather comment?

I currently coach soccer & softball with my daughter...

43°, windy & raining...our games are played in both sports; its called the WINTER LEAGUES. We play Dec-Feb then start Spring Leagues in Mar...
                  Our select is year round...

While you are sitting at home with your team in 43° winding conditions, other teams are out practicing.
                  Practice is what is important at this age.
                  Teams that don't practice & work on fundamentals are usually the teams trying to figure out why they are in last place...

So hide your candy azz behind the keyboard acting like a tough guy, while implying others are "acting out their glory days" by coaching youth sports in normal weather conditions.
                  Good way to put it! Looks like we were typing at the same time.

Comment

It's ok there are a lot of parents that don't mind their kids going hunting in 20 degree weather riding Rangers and 4 wheelers everywhere and never complain of getting sick. Enjoy cosching, but try to stay inside on cold and rainy days. Find a batting cage and get after it good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                      Oh you mean like sweat, dirt and dust ??

Maybe wait for the one perfect day of the year to practice??
                      What a j -A

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                        Indoors or I wouldn't have it. Not real good to be throwing this early in this weather.
                        This is what I thought. Hard to throw with four layers on too.

Comment

Originally posted by tkuehn5410 View Post
                          I'm a Lubbock coach for a 9u team, and we just finished a tournament for our 9u team and played with temps of 42 degrees, 22 degrees, and today's game was 29 degrees. We had kids mentally check out, and shut down....on another note, our 6U team practiced this week with a temp of 40 and the kids practiced well and the only people who complained were the parents.
                          Exactly....it's usually PARENTS that have an issue.

The kids usually want to keep "playing" even after practice is over...even if its to just run around playing grab azz...

Comment

When does bow season open?

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                              What a j -A
                              Lol! Too hot for ya, snowflake?

Comment

I wouldn't schedule a practice on Sunday to start. That being said Riley had TJHRA today and it was 25 degrees when started and 40 when we finished. And all of us, parents and kids were miserable cold. some parents/ kids turned out because it was to cold. But that's what separates the ones who expect to win and those who hope to win.
                                Last edited by BrandonA; 02-11-2018, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X